Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

BlackBerry Protect online/websites does not list my device or indeed any device.

I have been using BlackBerry Protect for months, if I check on my new Bold 9900 I can see backup data (through my associated BlackBerry ID) from the 9700s in December last year and my 9360s in December last year and January this year and crucially the daily backups (which get overwritten) going on on my Bold 9900. There is no doubt that the data is there, I have used it to restore data in the past. There is no doubt my device and pin are associated with my BlackBerry ID generally and also specifically with BlackBerry Protect. However when I go to protect.blackberry.com and login with the aforementioned BlackBerry ID I cannot see any of my devices, that is to say not my Bold 9700s, nor Curve 9360s and certainly not my 9900. I can see the options to locate my phone, lock it, wipe it etc. but as no device is selected and upon trying to select a device none are avaialble to select I am somewhat stuck?!

I had a genuine need to use protect.blackberry.com and it has failed me, what do I do? It should also be noted that I have specifically always chosen the option to let BlackBerry Protect be used to locate my phone and my Phone, BlackBerry Protect and BlackBerry Desktop software are all fully up to date as well as my IE which is IE9. I did try IE9 32 and 64bit and it made no difference. Can anyone help?

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: Orange - Switzerland

Re: BlackBerry Protect online/websites does not list my device or indeed any device.

i have the same problem. anyone?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: BlackBerry Protect online/websites does not list my device or indeed any device.

Hi! Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry that you're having issues with you're BlackBerry protect.
By the way, what version of BlackBerry Protect are you running?

Try double checking your settings. Go to Protect>click menu>click options>you'll see location reporting at the bottom of the list.
"I want this device's location to be viewable from the BlackBerry Protect website"
Make sure its checked.

Cheers! Smiley Happy
Contributor

Hi, I have a Bold 9900, the location is on. I have deleted all previous device in the online account, uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, battery pull off, ... nothing works. 

Since the online protect showed european servers (where i come from), i completely deleted the account. It now shows Americas but still no device.

Forums Veteran I

I see. I suggest for you to call your carrier and be directed to a BlackBerry rep. Report the issue.

I went online and I see many 9900 having the same issue. Strange.

Good luck!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Contributor

i saw that too. thanks for trying.

Forums Veteran I

You're welcome! I will let you know as soon as I see a solution.

Goodluck!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.