Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry not turning on

I have a BB BOLS 9930 that is not turning on.  Was working fine this morning, had a full battery, is only 2mos. old.  Went for a walk, came back and the unit was off and will not restart.  Sometimes the red light in the upper right hand corner will light when I touch buttons, at one point it was flashing with 4 pulses over and over, then it stopped doing that.  I tried removing the battery and letting it sit for awhile...no change.  I installed a new battery...no change, put back on the wall battery charger...no change.  This happened once before and the unit was replaced with this one...the last unit was over a year old when it happened.  Help!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry not turning on

Try connecting it to BlackBerry Desktop Software on your PC.  Plug it in, open BDS and see what messages, if any, you get.

Keep us up to date.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry not turning on

Thanks, will try that