Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry very slow to receive emails

Lately my blackberry has been very slow to receive emails. They will be in my inbox in Outlook but can take upwards of 2 hours to come through to my blackberry. Example this morning, i received emails that came through in Outlook starting at 9:07am through to 10:07am (7 emails in total). They all came through at once to my Blackberry device at 11:02am. This has been happening for a couple of days and other co-workers have experienced the same problem with their BlackBerry device. I've had this phone for 2 years but never experienced this problem before and nothing has changed with my email account. Any suggestions??

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry very slow to receive emails

Are you on a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

No I'm not.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

How is your (and your coworkers) email setup?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Our email accounts are setup as POP3 and are hosted through our internet provider (Eastlink).
Guru II

The only thing it could be is some kind of network issue, either with our carrier or the BIS. You're not connected via wifi at work, are you?
New Contributor

No, not connected through wifi.

Guru II

Since it's happening to everyone, my guess is it's a slowdown on the Bell network or BIS through BlackBerry. Historically, these things clear up on their own but you could contact Bell and see if they can get you an answer. If not, they can escalate your case to BlackBerry for answers.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telus

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. This only started happening 2 days ago. My BB is 2 years old as well. I am not on a BES

Any solutions?

New Contributor

Ok, thanks!