Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ogarek
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry 9000 battery woes

Just bought a 9000 on eBay and having trouble. The battery will show a full charge but then drop rapidly to 50% before dying completely at 50%. At this point the phone will not turn on unless you pull the battery and restart. Now sometimes the phone will reboot and show Low Battery and not allow me to connect to the wireless network and other times it will just display a white screen and do nothing. I've tried both batteries the guy sent me with the phone and have had the same results. Is there a fix here? Did I buy a defective phone? Any help appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9000 battery woes

Hi ogarek

Welcome to the Community

Is it a brand new unlocked device or a used device you brought from Ebay ? From what you mentioned it did not look like a new device.White screen problems are  not good for any BlackBerry device.There are some fixes you can try like updating or reloading device software but as you told you just brought it is up to you .If possible Contact ebay and refund your money.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ogarek
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

It is used, and both batteries not genuine Blackberry batteries, I found a OEM battery on eBay for $4 so I'm going to try that

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi ogarek

Yes you can try and if possible Update your device software it help a lot .

Prince

Please use plain text.