Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ian271190
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Blackberry 9700 connection difficulty to BIS/BES

Hello,

I used to have iPhone with BBM installed.

Then after I lose my iPhone, I change back to my old blackberry.

Now,

I have difficulties in connecting to BIS/BES.

I have already called my carrier and they said all my data plan is correct.

This is what I observed:

1. No BIS icon next to 3G.

2. I tried to resend my Host Routing Table, but no respond. (I believe due to no BIS connection.)

3. I tried to do battery pull reboot.

4. I tried to wipe my phone back to factory settings.

5. I can access Whatsapp and Internet, but not to BBM or setup an email.

I tried to call my carrier and they said there is no problem with my account.

Should I try to call Blackberry Customer Support and see if they can fix this issue?

I need your input on how to fix this issue.

Thanks.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry 9700 connection difficulty to BIS/BES

You should call your carrier back and make sure you're on a "BlackBerry" data plan. The missing BIS icon next to 3G and no Host Routing table is a sure sign that something is wrong with your data plan.

Do make sure you have data services enabled under Mobile Network, though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
ian271190

That's what I am trying to do to contact my Carrier.
Yes, I have my data service enabled.
I believe my carrier give me a data plan for blackberry 10 which they are only need a regular data to run the BIS services.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

A regular data plan will work on the iPhone and the BlackBerry10 but it won't work on the 9700. Make sure they have the right data plan for the 9700.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
ian271190

Thank you for your respond. I will make sure to have them change to Blackberry BIS data plan instead of regular data plan for Blackberry. Thanks!
I will keep you posted with the result.
New Contributor
ian271190

They said my data plan is changed to Blackberry BIS data plan.
It is still not connected to BIS.

When I am in WiFi, I couldn't browse or access my apps. It says no connection to the internet.

This is really weird. I wonder if I have lost my PIN or they block my access.
Guru I
John_Clark

They should stay with you on the phone until it's resolved. If they can't resolve it they should escalate you to BlackBerry.
New Contributor
ian271190

I am using chat service so they are still in process to figure it out what happened to my blackberry.
Guru I
John_Clark

I've used TMobile's chat service. A phone call is better. Make sure you use different phone than the one you're calling about.