Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9700 hangs a lot

siddhesh_wanikar wrote :

OK... Help required for installing OS5. and like if somebody can spoonfeed me coz i really am a little dumb!

Hi siddesh_wanikar,

Have a look that this thread regarding downgrading your OS from OS 6 to OS 5. I hope iit will help you : How to downgrade blackberry bold 9700 from os 6.0 to os 5.0?

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
jaitewani
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: Maroc Telecom

I have Balckberry Bold 9900, All applications are stored on Phone memory. Kindly advise how can we store them on in Built Media card
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

jaitewani wrote :

I have Balckberry Bold 9900, All applications are stored on Phone memory. Kindly advise how can we store them on in Built Media card

Hello jaitewani

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

What applications do you want to store on your device media card.

KB05478  :  Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cendana287
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: U Mobile Malaysia

Old thread but I'd like to add something based on my own experience with the 9700. Hopefully it might help others. My phone had been slow, lethargic and would frequently hang. Sometimes I'd have to restart 3 times a day (tried both soft and hard). This has been going on for quite a number of months. Seriously considering to buy a newer phone as a result. But as a last gasp effort, I came over to look at the posts here.

Besides the OS downgrade tip, I had also read in another thread about two likely culprits: Whatsapp and a microSD card. I wasn't surprised the former was mentioned but the card creating a problem was news to me. Can't uninstall Whatsapp because most of my contacts use it. So I pulled out the microSD. Pleased to say that the phone has become significantly smoother:-) Going to see how it goes over the next few days. There might be more life to this old 9700 just yet. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cendana287

By the way, I'm using OS 6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448). There's Bundle 3049 available but I've been having problems trying to download it. The clock icon keeps popping up and a "Try again later" message would come out. Maybe I'll have better luck without the microSD card(?).

Looks like Whatsapp wasn't a factor in my 9700 freezing previously. Nor Facebook as I had also suspected. Going to try use Waze again with this phone. If it works well enough, I'll keep using this BB model, ageing as it may be.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi cendana287

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums 

Thanks for sharing your experience within this old thread :smileyhappy:.

As already suggested if you're getting that clock icon constantly , then you can try a few thing , either downgrade your 9700 to OS 5 or remove any additional applications that you use rarely !

9700 running with OS 6 will lack memory and installing too much applications will further reduce its device memory , So if you want to stick with OS then remove some applications .

Let us know if you have any further queries.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cendana287

[ Edited ]

I installed Waze again yesterday. As expected, the 9700 was struggling although Waze did its job in guiding me back. But that was just a short route, and one I know very well. Going to see how it performs in the next few days. I think Waze needs a newer, more powerful phone to be really effective.

Uninstalling one or two major apps might help but I don't know which to sacrifice: Facebook, Whatsapp, BB Messenger, Twitter, Google Maps or Waze. The first two are indispensable. None of my contacts use BB Messenger anymore but another app - Salat MT (Muslims prayer times) - needs it. So I'm forced to keep Messenger as well. Google Maps is indispensable too. I would never go anywhere without checking the congestion level first through its traffic information. Waze might have to go (I'm often with my wife and we can use her Galaxy Mega to navigate). I think I can foresake Twitter if I'm forced to. Anyway, that original tip about the microSD card has helped a lot. All this while it had been the main culprit for all those exasperating hold ups and the phone hanging.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cendana287

[ Edited ]

*Update to my last comment in dealing with this 9700 (and other models) freezing: I followed a tip about taking out the microSD card and the phone was smoother for a while. However, the freezing problems returned and I had to restart at least once a day. Sometimes three times! In desperation I came to this forum again and found a very useful tip from JSanders here.

Returning to the Factory Settings appears the best way to deal with that annoying clock icon which pops up frequently and sometimes freezing the phone. This tip should work not just with the 9700 but with other models and hanphone makes as well although the procedure might be different. It makes perfect sense: over the months and years, a lot of settings and codes would accumulate. Somewhere in there, some belligerent code would create a loop and suck away resources and the battery. Might be beyond the capability of most of us to pinpoint exactly what is causing the problem. The easiest way is to just start on a fresh note. It certainly works for me:Clap:

But please take note of this before you type the command frm JSander's link: First and foremost, create a backup with the BlackBerry Desktop program. And at BlackBerry Protect for good measure. You will need to selectively restore some important files, especially your Address Book/Contacts and notes created with the MemoPad, among other things. I've written a bit about this at my post at Facebook.

Please use plain text.