Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
salmanxzify
My Device: 9380

Blackberry 9700 no map icon??

Hi
In my bb 9700  i have blackberry map in it (options-device-application managment) but there is no icon of blackberry map . I search of the every in the mob . I even downloaded the icon from WWW.BlackBerry.Com/BlackBerrymaps
but its notworking and the icon not even there.
If somebody have any solution plz reply.

THANKZZ:Shifty:!! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry 9700 no map icon??

Hello salmanxzify,

Welcome,

First advice is Battery Pull Restart like thisWhile Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot. See if you can see it.

If not than make sure it is not Hidden for that On your HomeScreen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search for it if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click  “   “unhide “ .

If above two fails than the best option is reinstall it again but before that uninstall it from the device :

Options > Device > Application Management > delete Blackberry Maps.

Perform a Battery Pull Restart after that.

Then try to install Blackberry Maps using Application loader by connecting your device to blackberry desktop software have a look How to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software . Try it and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ciko
My Device: 9360

uninstall blackberry map from application management,restart and install blackberry map again

>===One 4 All All 4 One===
Please use plain text.
Contributor
salmanxzify
My Device: 9380

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Like Prince2012 and cicko said that unistall it and than reinstall it . I did what u guyz said but nothing happened . Frist I unistall blackberry maps and than reinstalled the blackberry maps directly through my cell phone but nothing happened. The second i unistalled "blackberry maps installer" and and then reinstalled blackberry maps directly to phone but still nothing happened . I am pissed of my BB 9700.

If somebody has any solution plz................... reply.

Thankz :Helpsmilie:!!! 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi salmanxzify,

I had seen you tried but can you confirm it that you had installed it  using Application loader through BB Desktop Software If not then do it as  Knowledge Base says.

Good Luck

Prince

Please use plain text.
hadenuff
My Device: 9700

Hi, I have the same issue after loading latest version of OS v6, , tried reloading the OS again, no change, removed the BB Maps application using the Desktop manager and then reloading the BB Maps app, no change. Even call Vodafone the  network provider to checjk they hadnot placed any restrictions on the phone, they advise not them.

Did you find a fix?  Have tried the show all etc, it is not hidden just seems rubbish BB SW

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

hadenuff wrote:

Hi, I have the same issue after loading latest version of OS v6, , tried reloading the OS again, no change, removed the BB Maps application using the Desktop manager and then reloading the BB Maps app, no change. Even call Vodafone the  network provider to checjk they hadnot placed any restrictions on the phone, they advise not them.

Did you find a fix?  Have tried the show all etc, it is not hidden just seems rubbish BB SW

Hi hadenuff

Welcome to Support Forums

Sorry but I think BlackBerry Software is rubbish :smileysad: If you are having problem with BlackBerry maps try this link and download BlackBerry Maps on your device.Here's the link  BlackBerry Maps .

Please use plain text.