If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
moh203786
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile (EE)

Blackberry 9700 won't update to os6

Hello,

I got a Blackberry Bold 9700 for Chritstmas, I dowloaded Desktop Manager and trying to update my Blackberry 9700 to OS 6 but it keeps saying the following message, any help would be appreciated.

"This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service."

If anyone knows the fix that would be great to keep me an insight on the issue? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry 9700 won't update to os6

Hi moh203786

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a BlackBerry Data plan on your account.The error message indicate that you are lacking BIS on your account. Personally I don't prefer OS 6 for BlackBerry® Bold 9700 because it lack memory and you may feel quit uncomfortable on OS 6 .But still if you want to update your  BlackBerry® Bold 9700 to OS 6 then please try this but please note after performing the second step you must disconnect all Internet connection  from your PC otherwise update will not proceed  :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.   

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) You can skip this step if you are using your Carrier OS Pack :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

4. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Good Luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Do you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) on your monthly account?

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moh203786

Hey,

Thanks for your response, so I done all the steps up to number 4, and now I'm stuck with this screen, click the link to check the screenshot

http://gyazo.com/6ad5777b44a921f42563307a52dfa621

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry Desktop Software will only offer updates that have been released by your carrier.  Apparently, your carrier hasn't released the version you're looking for.

That doesn't mean you can't load another carrier's OS to your phone.  The only drawback to loading another carrier's is that your carrier will not give you support for it but we're to help you so go ahead if you're so inclined.  Just follow the instructions listed by prince2012 to do it.

Let us know if you need any help.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Moh203786

As billJ mentioned yes we will always assist you whenever you need help :smileyhappy: by the way are you using your carrier OS or a different ? If you are using your carrier OS then click on loader .exe ( loader with a mobile icon click on that ) if you are using different carrier OS pack then first delete those vendor files as mentioned.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
moh203786

Thanks for the help!

I am using my carrier OS but when I click on the Loader.exe (with mobile phone logo) I get this screen:

http://gyazo.com/6ad5777b44a921f42563307a52dfa621

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi moh203786

Application loader screen within this Screenshot  shows that you don't have the OS , If we use our Carrier OS then Desktop Software also prompt for the update when connected. I don't know if thats your Carrier OS pack ,so on your Windows change your Folder options to " Show all Hidden files " and search and delete all VENDOR .XML files ,

Also you have to confirm if you have any previous OS pack installed on your PC if you have then delete any previous OS pack from your PC. 

And lastly Restart your PC and then Double click on Loader .exe.

Please use plain text.