Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: bold 9790

Blackberry 9790

Hi,

I purchased blackberry bold 9790 in July. Within 2 months, instrument got dead and I got a new replacement immediately from Blackberry service. However, on the new instrument, apps are working very slow. i check the memory - Application memory is 512 mb (as against 768 mentioned in the brochure) and inbuilt memory is 6GB instead of 8 GB. I hardly have stored in photos/videos or other stuff stored.

What could be the reason for instrument to be slow ? Secondly is RAM (application memory) of 512 mb and inbuilt memory of 6 GB correct ?

Regards,

Solutions: 6,064
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry 9790

I guess "slow" is relative. But do check that you've closed any applications running in the background (use Menu > Close, not the end call key to close an app). Make sure Memory Cleaner is disabled (options > security > Memory Cleaner), and make sure the browser is closed and not on any active web pages.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code