Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
cs1970
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Blackberry 9900 Battery & software problems

Dear RIM,

I'm using my BB 9900 one month now, since then I have major problems. The biggest problem, poor battery life, crashing or bricked software, red light blinking after charging, no response on touchscreen or trackball, etc. should be all known issues. My vendor says these problems are probably software related.

All the sollutions I read on the forum seams to be work arounds (Battery pull, reload software, automatic on/off mode, no GPS enabled, etc.). There's nowhere a sollution of RIM thats working permanent. I mean, a real solution thats nerdproof. I mean, its ridiculous to pull a battery everytime if I want to use my phone and to switch of everything to get a normal (8 hour??) working time. And yes, everyone here is very helpfull but I need a permanent sollution from you, RIM.

Sorry, I'm not technical, only an average user who wants a reliable and working Smartphone. I had an Iphone 3gs before, never had any of these problems in 2 years.

Am I asking too much?

Yours sincerely,

OS7 7.0.0 packet 1465

Please use plain text.
Visitor
frangipani
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Mtn

Re: Blackberry 9900 Battery & software problems

Hi

I know exactly what you mean,im using my BB9900 for 3 weeks,it started giving me trouble after 1 week.eversince im in and out of the MNT office.My problems are after charging my phone its black or frozen with the red flashing light,i was unable to send emails,my battery life was poor,the "O"key wasnt working. Sometimes it will go on and off by itself.

I took it back to the vendor on 4 occassions and all they do is reload the software.Now they will send it back to the BB service provider.

ITS VERY FRUSTRATING,I REFUSE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT CAUSES ME SUCH INCONVENIENCE.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
haruyana81
My Carrier: M1

Hi, I've been using the BB9900 for over a week now. I was very frustrated by the battery life. It could only last 6 - 8 hours without me doing much surfing or texting. However, yesterday i switched off my location settings and weirdly, the battery life seems to be much better than before. Do give this and try and hopefully it works for you guys too.
Please use plain text.
rxm
Contributor
rxm
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: ATT

Ok... I love my new 9900 but like others I have been experiencing severe battery life issues.  Something that I noticed again last night was that on days when battery life is really the worst, if you look closely you will see the front red LED flashing very faintly at an extreme rate... maybe 20-30 flashes a second.  It is hard to see, but if you cup your hand over the front to block the ambient light a bit you will see it.

Last night I noticed it again after a day of severe drain, and I did a software shutdowninstead of a battery pull / sim pull like I did the last time.  What I saw shocked me... even after it was shut down, the red light was still flashing at this rapid rate!  It wasn't until I pulled the battery did it stop and when I rebooted it was fine.

Can anyone at RIM explain this?  Anybody else seeing this?  I can verify that the "flashing light" is always present when my battery consumption is at it's worst.... possibly related?

Please use plain text.
sabaho
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: Qtel

Hi,

I have noticed the red blinking light , that was when I did not have BB service activated, and the battery life time was almost 10 hrs , however, when I activated the BB service with my telecom company the redlight stop blinking also the battery life now is almost 1 full day ...

Please use plain text.
selwyng
My Carrier: att

I have the same problems with my 9900 device.  No solution in sight-- About to return it and give up on blackberry after being a loyal blackberry user since the beginning.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Isn't the flashing red light a proximity sensor so that it locks the screen when you hold the phone to your ear??

Please use plain text.
becdanny
My Carrier: optus

i am so not happy with bb at moment! I am now on to my 5th phone in one month, first i had the bb torch which i had to take back 3 times with software errors then i upgraded to the 9900 and i had to take it back after it froze and then just kept restarting, so now i have a new one which i got 2 days ago, i just finished updating bb messenger, bb protection, fb & twitter and it asked to be rebooted and now it again just keeps restarting, so it back again to the phone shop!!

Is there an email address in which i can complain to as i now feel i be going to dump bb and get an iphone this is insane!!!

I should never have upgraded from my 9700 :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

iPhone is just as bad. I work for Apple as technical support. Its just a game of luck with phones these days :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
patricia46mouse
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

my 9900 will not update even on my mac it just will not update but says there is one on my mac desktop software 

Please use plain text.