If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Carlhudz
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Blackberry 9900 Battery & software problems

Are you trying to update to 7.1 software? Are you in the UK?

Please use plain text.
becdanny
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: optus

nope i am in australia, and not updating the OS just updated general fb, twitter and bb messy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz

Aahh right I see. Is your 'app world' up to date?

Please use plain text.
becdanny

yep it was! i cant do anything with it now it just shuts down and restarts has a white screen then shuts down and restarts again :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz

I would claim under the warranty. Not normal behaviour at all for the phone

Please use plain text.
becdanny

and this is the 2nd 9900 i have had in 2 weeks :smileysad: and 3 bb torch also so i not having much luck with bb at the moment

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz

I just phoned my network up and they are delivering a new 9900 for me tomorrow, hopefully the batter life on this handset will be better :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Carlhudz

Maybe you're too rough with them lol.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JayNair
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Digi

I am having the exact same issue. Took it to Brighstar, they first reloaded the software, same issue again, then they replaced the phone. This time I tried upgrading everything - Facebook, Twitter, MSN, you name it, just to see if it'll f**k up again. It was all fine, but after a week, I simply rebooted the phone and it just keeps restarting. I reflashed the software, works fine now, then after few days, again!

I took it back to Brightstar, they straight away tell me it's a software issue, it's at the repair center now, awaiting their next stupid answer.
Please use plain text.
freyamercedes
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

hi guys, no one seems to be having the same issues as me, I have had two bb 9900 and the same thing has now happened to both, my first I have taken back and got given a new one, the shop made no effort to look into or attempt to fix the problem when I was there. Now I am having the same strange issue with my new one. I have had it not even a week and randomly last night when I plugged it in to charge it just switched off, and when turned back on ( after a lot of fiddling with the battery and charger) it stayed on no longer than a minute and turned off again. Now it will only charge on my laptop, but if taken off charge simply turns off after seconds, NOT USEFUL!!! I would really love some help or advice on this, is it the battery or the phone ? :s im just sooo frustrated and confused, needs help!

Freya.

Please use plain text.