Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Bkb806
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 9900 Battery & software problems

I am on my third BB device, and while I have absolutely loved my first two (Curve and Bold 9700), this third one (the 9900) has me extremely disappointed. I am having the same battery issues that some of you have mentioned except that I think I am lucky to get 4 hours out of a full charge. I have not turned some of the settings that have been mentioned off so I will try that and see if it helps. At this point it makes me nervous to be out all day and know that my phone will be dead within a few hours. Another problem that I am having is that my phone becomes virtually useless when I'm outside. The screen goes crazy, scrolling on its own, not allowing me to highlight anything specific, and when I try to start typing in a particular spot the cursor will suddenly move to a different spot. When I open my message folder, it will scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, then come back up top, and continue to move up and down, all on its own. I've had this phone for three weeks and I really don't want to give up my BB but if this is a common issue, I think it might be time for me to move on. Any help or suggestions that any of you can off would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
papibaby
My Device: bb 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

I hav a major problem wit my bb 9900 and its really frustrating. every time the back lights in my fone comes off n i press any button for it to come bck on this black screen appears in front of it and to the top i can see it jumping. also when i goes outdaoors in the day n im on it it jus black out same way. i realised  its works properly in cold areas. when im hope or travelling i have to either put it in the fridge or infront an ac unit. i need your help asap. oo n btw i update it to os7 already.........im desperatly begging for ur help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cyberworldukltd
My Device: I am rocking the BlackBerry® PlayBook bridged to BlackBerry® Torch Smartphone with BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700
My Carrier: I am on AT&T

I'm using my BB 9900 one month now, since then I have major problems. The biggest problem, poor battery life, crashing or bricked software, red light blinking after charging, no response on touchscreen or trackball, etc. should be all known issues. My vendor says these problems are probably software related.but all the problems went away when i got  a new Blackberry Bold 9900 battery

visit our website: DietKart
Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Jessie9323
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: t mobile

I'm having the exact same probably, my phone is basically useless outside as it seems to scroll by its self whenever i try and do anything! Does anyone have any idea how to stop it?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
weered
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

I have all the same problems. Though my battery life is decent. It shuts off whenever it wants and often gets stuck in a continuous reboot loop. I have reloaded the software numerous times. Currently it is on my desk and if I put the battery in it a red light comes on periodically and it won't start.

Some days it can work fine, others it won't turn on at all. It makes no sense. Is there any fix for this?

*edit* I will add recently my touch screen stopped working and at times when it does work the keyboard stops working as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jody943
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

hey a message appeared on my phone yesterday saying that an update was going to happen, this was at 13:00 and it is stuck on social feeds 0% overall backup 12%. it hasn't moved and i've left it overnight, any ideas on what i should do?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
haruyana81
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: M1

I posted to this chatroom about 11 months ago when i first got my BB9900. I was having problems with the battery life BUT, i still stuck by my BB for 11 months and loved it very very much. However, last week, i woke up to a DEAD BB9900. I am extremely upset with how my BB has turned out. Thank god it died just before my warranty ran out. It is still under servicing now. I am really beginning to feel really frustrated with BB that i am starting to think about converting to an Android phone. I'm sorry BB. I was a big supporter of BB for over 3 years. But my patience has really run dry.

Please use plain text.