Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bitė

Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch turns off by certain triggers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Blackberry 9900

Version 7.1 Bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0532)

I have default apps, around 5gb of free space.

My phone turns off and only a battery pull solves the problem. I have taken it to warranty and got the phone back 2 days ago, everything was fine until today. Seems the same problem came back. I thought maybe here I can get some help.

When does the phone turn off? So far it turns off everytime i plug in non-standard BB earphones. The first shut down was when I disabled wifi in my house, but that only  happened once. I suspect it will also start turning off when the battery is bellow  50% and I turn off the alarm once it goes off in the morning, because that happened as well before I took the phone to warranty. 

the only fixes I found are leaving the wifi on OR plugging it in to a charging source via PC or charger, then everything is smooth, even the earphone issue, which is a sure way to crash my phone. I will try to charge the phone to full battery and update if that helps, battery low currenty.

I suspect it has something to do with wifi since the phone worked perfectly until I left my house and tried to connect to various wifi networks, came back home, disabled my wifi, phone shut down and the problem returned.

Other things I tried that didn't help:

>Reinstalling the latest version and restoring  to factory settings

>Disabling auto on/off feature

>Deleting vendor.hml file (from similar problem support post blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-9900-series-smartphone-discussion/16852-9900-turns-itself-off.html)

>Deleting 3rd party apps in safe mode just in case, because I'm sure I didn't have any.

I should also mention this phone is brand new, about a month.

I don't feel keeping wifi turned on is a viable solution, I fear that it may be temporary + it drains the already short battery life. 

I would really appreciate some help. I've been struggling with this issue for about 3 weeks.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bitė

Re: Blackberry 9900 Bold Touch turns off by certain triggers

Small update and bump:

The problem is also fixed when the phone is fully charged, but returns when the battery reaches around 80 precent.