Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
DH22
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

So, i went to check if there was a new OS update. There was, so i downloaded and am currently installing it.

However, it's been "installing" for 8 hours now, and it's stuck on 14% Overall backup progress. And 0% Social Feeds.
Also, not sure if it's related. (probably is) but my Signal is off and i have no network connection. And i've got good coverage usually at home.

I realised the problem about 7 hours in, after it said it would only be 2. So i battery pulled it, and it didn't work, then i tried battery and sim pulling, that didn't work. I've tried hooking it up to my blackberry desktop. It can't pick the device up because of it.

Could really use some help here!

Please use plain text.
fiona_0123
My Device: Touch 9930
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

I am currently having the exact same problem!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DH22
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Mine finally updated. After 23 hours.
I'm not really happy with that, a day without my phone meant i was Contactless for a whole day. Good thing it was a sunday and not a work day.

Please use plain text.
colindarbyshire
My Device: BB 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Same here. 23 hours and now its done. However, it does seem to be running smoother.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rapidgroup
My Carrier: Three UK

Try seting your default backup to Custom and untick Social feeds.  That should solve the problem.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nerdzz87
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: digicel

mine is doing the very same thing would some one help me get it solved please it's been like dis for 12 hours

Please use plain text.
OwenD1991
My Carrier: Carphone Warehouse

Exactly the same with me, been going for over 2 hours now, stuck on 15%

Tried a bat pull and the update started itself again before I got a chance to do anything....

Is there any way around this or will I be phoneless for over 20 hours?....

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nerdzz87

Had to get my phone flashed cause after a day it was still frozen. Hope yours worked out well
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gutiman
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

I have the same problem.  I started the upgrading process last night but now my cellphone is STUCK in the Backing Up Data (Social Feeds) process.. on 3% overall... it sucks... I have tried everything using the Desktop Software and nothing works, my cellphone is useless at this time. So I don't know if I should just leaved it there until tomorrow... 23 hours ?? isn't that too much?? I have been dealing with this problem 10 hours ago and I'm about of going crazy. Is there any solution before I put it on the trash can and get an iPhone?? please help, I'm worried about my Contact names and phone numbers and the BBM contacts specially. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nerdzz87

I don't think you should trash it..If you have a contact back up with ur bbm you won't have to worry cause once your phones rebooted your going to get your contacts back. Had the same problem got my 9900 flashed and when I entered my email address got my got all my contacts back. So don't trash it just wait and if any problen remains in the update take it to your service and get your phone flashed
Please use plain text.