Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gutiman
My Device: Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

what kind of contact you can recover with the Blackberry id ? the BBM contacts or the Phone Directory contacts? or both ? do you know ?  What you mean with "phone flashed"? is there a way to do this without going to my service provider?  Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nerdzz87
My Device: 9900

Bbm contacts.. Flashed is when the wipe your phone of all data and re install it all so your phone is basically new.. Also if your bbm contacts are backed up remotely(with your email) when you registor your email address again all contacts from bbm are restored.. As for phone contacts if they are on you sim card aswell you can just copy them back.. You can visit any phone store which does unlocking and speak to them
Please use plain text.
JemmaEve
My Device: torch 9810

i have the torch and it's doing the same thing. how do i flash my phone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puddnhead
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 / Blackberry Playbook 16GB / Blackberry Z10

I'm having the same issue right now. I can't be without a phone for 10, 12, 24 hours. There has to be a way to re-boot the phone. This is ridiculous...

I love blackberry, but why offer an OTA install if your phone will just take 20 hours to back-up? Not cool at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puddnhead

So I'm not sure if this helps anyone with a similar issue, but I did a battery pull a few times and it seemed to 'quicken things up'. I'd check with a blackberry rep before actually doing this as I'm not sure it's safe to do with every phone or carrier, but it seemed to work for me. That and some patience. I've never had any issues with Blackberry, this was probably the first one that came up that I didn't know how to fix....but nonetheless it seems to be trucking along just swimingly now.

Hope that helps! Enjoy!

Please use plain text.
bryaniejedmurs
My Device: bold 9900

mine has frozen on 15% but i think it wont continue because the internet on the phone is off?! but it was on when starting the process! i really need some help!! all ive been getting is problems ever since i got this phone!! i can now say i will never be getting a blackberry again!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wsmall
My Device: Playbook

Hard to make setup changes when the device is frozen! Your solution is un workable!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45
My Device: bold 9900

Same thing happened to me except the update completed but it froze after agreeing to terms on BBTavel.  Two ways of clearing. The Blackberry three finger salute (alt+Aa+del) or battery pull. If the first doesn't work maybe try the pull and try the 3 finger salute if it stalls.

Just a terrible updating procedure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wsmall
My Device: Playbook

Problem solved when I plugged in and recharged the battery! :Clap:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Puddnhead

Unfortunately the only solution I have found so far is the following:

A) Wait. Be patient. I got frustrated as well, but it worked out in the end. And it didn't take 15-20 hours either. 2 max.

B) Update via Blackberry Desktop manager and NOT OTA. I think there is an issue with the OTA loading as I have never updated via OTA before and this is the first time I've had this happen.

Please use plain text.