Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
rog45
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: telus

Re: Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

Might still be updating. How long has it been frozen?

Please use plain text.
Jarrsmun
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: O2

i did a few soft resets & force connected it to blackberry desktop & it's working fine now, and i miraculously managed to keep almost all my data, lost a few bbm conversations and texts but it's all sorted now!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscldn
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: H3G

Like oh my gosh- the amount of trouble this phone has given me the past 24hrs. First it blacks out completely and I spend the night on no sleep just sadly watching the red cross hopelessly so I fork out £15 for a new battery- then it demands a  software update when it comes alive, so now its been 5 hours and its on 12% progress. I need the phone for my emails, call everything. I'm really annoyed. I tried the alt+aA+del but it just rebooted then went back to the software update.

sincerely

at-my-witts-end

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

Things they never tell you at the store, eh. So far everyone who has had trouble in this thread has eventually got their phone up and running after an update. It may take some time though. The lesson is; make sure you have a full battery and don't tell it to update unless you have lots of down time where you don't need the phone. Just be patient and let the phone finish astempting as it is to toss it in the Thames.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mscldn
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: H3G

Ok good news and bad news.

Good news first: Its alive again *bbm dancing*

Bad News: All my contacts have been wiped.

Like wtf?

Seriously....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

Probably not a good time to ask this but did you back them up before the update?

Please use plain text.
Kieran_Simpson
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

I am having the same problem right now and i am soo stressed, i badly need my phone for day to day life. I need some good advice on what i should do! My phone is on overall backup progress 11% and it is suck onn social feeds at 0%. I have tried rebooting the phone meany time which has not worked at all... Need advice on what i should do! Help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

When you say that you have tried to reboot the phone has it actually shut down then failed to reboot? Or, have you not been able to get it to actually shut down? If the latter is the case pull the battery and force a restart. If the restart is successful then don't update the phone until you have time. As you may have gathered by what others have said, the phones can take a long time to complete the update and actually appear to stall. If you need the phone for work wait until the weekend then make sure you start with a fully charged battery. If you haven't done so maybe try running the update through BlackBerry's Desktop software.

Of course all bets are off if this is a Curve 9360 issue that has some other solution. This is the Bold 9900 thread.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bonnie06
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Same thing here, just to update to version 7.1 and I got 13% no more..no I only got my facebook in the computer to communicate.

After the software updated it asked me if I want to install and it began with the backup of my stuff and it's there from 3hrs ago.

Hope it will "only" last 24hrs, if not what can I do????

Please use plain text.
EmmaR098
My Device: Blackberry torch 9810
My Carrier: 02

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I guess I'll have to wait 23 hours and see if it works. At least I'm not the only one!

Please use plain text.