Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
rog45
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: telus

Re: Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

Great info, thanks. Hope it works for anyone with the problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mista_OB
My Device: Bold 9900, RDY71UW
My Carrier: sutel

hello. pls i hve a bold 9900 dat is some how crashed and dunno if there is anything that can b done to revive it back. does it need a software touch or a technician's touch. it started as my battery sounded a warning 'Low battery', i plugged it in and it showed d clock screen that it had started cahrging. but to ma surprise waking up the next morning, the device started glowing the red constantly. pls nid help. thanks and am new
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

Did you reboot the phone by either pulling the battery or using Alt, Aa, Del to initiate shutdown?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mista_OB

yes. did reboot the fone by pulling the battery off & putting it back again buh still showing d red light.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

Try asking the question in the main forum. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/bd-p/Bold

Or go to crackberry.com and check there.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mista_OB

ok. thanks
Please use plain text.
jayson_matthew
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

I solved this problem by taking the battery out of the handset, connecting it to Blackberry Desktop Software and updating the handset while it was off. It will prompt you to reconnect the battery to the handset, but by this time most of the update is already complete and it's restarted. I then backed up everything onto the PC.  it took around 125 minutes to do the whole thing. Not convenient but better than waiting 23 hours. 

:smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

missmaris15 wrote:

my phone has been frozen in a software update for more than 24hours. social feeds @ 0% overall backup at 10%. this has been constant. i tried turning it off, takign the battery out  nothing works.

This has been clearly answers above, in Message 73 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sarahstars
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

[ Edited ]
THINGS I HAVE TRIED VS. THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED. (#1) just wait for it (#2) alt-Aa-del: restart. (#3) restart while press a button (#4) plug into computer (#5) pull battery. >> RESULTS (#1) just wait for it: update started 10am Sunday. It is now 10pm Tuesday, no change. (#2) alt Aa del: phone restarts, then goes directly to frozen software update without letting me use it. (#3) restart while pressing a button: *NEW* White screen says JVH Error: 529. Continue. Black screen, white tiny hourglass. Eventually loads, goes to software update and then to blue screen "Blackberry ID sign in" and telling me my phone will be wiped. (#4) plug into computer: computer doesn't recognize blackberry. When it does, bb has started its frozen software update, and the computer controls can't do anything. (#5) pull battery: hasn't worked. Loads again, freezes at 12%. Alternative Options (A) bring phone to store: haven't done yet. (B) reset: would rather not do, haven't backed up data since I got it. Photos. Help!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45

Try pinging JS Sanders directly. Might wake him/her up directly.

Please use plain text.