Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
flevojax
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 990
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Blackberry 9900 frozen on software update

i just updated my BB Bold 9900 to 7.10 bundle 998. It took about two hours to do, i updated the software through the phone. I made sure that I had almost a full battery before i started the update. Update is completed and phone is running well

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OlivierBrosseau
My Device: blakcberry bold 9900
My Carrier: fido

[ Edited ]

Mine is doing the samething right now and i couldnt be more pissed off as i need my phone for business purposes, is it just a matter of playing the waiting game?

WHY WOULD BLACKBERRY PUT OUT AN UNSTABLE UPDATE!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OlivierBrosseau

Update: by hjolding the alt key+caps key (right side)+del key, your phone will reboot, upon reboot press any key for you phone to return to the state it was prior to the update process. this will cancel the update and return your phone to a non frozen state.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Belshy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: TELUS

This happened to me (hense coming across this blog) and I tried holding alt+Aa+del for a few seconds and it just whizzed right by, shot from 16% to 80% in about 5 seconds. Although I am now stuck at 80% in "BlackBerry Messenger".

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Briano123
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: eplus

Having the same problem here, 2 hours and about 15% of the update completed.

This is the last piece of BB junk  I will ever purchase.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Briano123

Dont know which of the BB staff, masquarading here as so called support have added the avatar " I love my BB curve " to my forum name.

1. I am the unlucky owner of one of  your junk 9900's

2. I hate the piece of junk more than you can imagine.

So, 3. GET RID OF IT !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Briano123

Finally got the "Dumb" phone (Smart it aint) updated. Now turns out that its not recognising updated .ipd contact lists.

Spent the weekend adding contacts from the phone logs. What a piece of Junk !

Have reviewed the so called help files on the issue; it seems that the catch all solution offered by the morons behind this phone is the same whatever the problem "This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available".

The alternative is, as per usual; do a factory reset and start from scratch. Everything will work halfway until the next time it screws up.

I have this phone 4 or 5 months and this is the 2nd time Ive been through this.

JUNK !!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
OlivierBrosseau

After having done the reboot and bypassing the frozen up date i reload my last saved backup of my phone which brought it back to my settings/contacts/emails, then i updated it thorugh blackberry desktop manager and it worked perfectly, and thise update fixed alot of small bugs i had with my phone and its OS. over allt he update is great, its just when you update on your device for some reason the antennas get shut off and in turn the update wont finish due to no radio signal.

overall this has been an ordeal that i dont plan on facing again. stupid programmers cant even bridge an nupdate correctly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mhull100
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

So overall if I just ignore my phone for a while hopefully something will happen? Been stuck at 9% for 8 hrs now

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rog45
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: telus

Probably not. Start over and make sure you have a full battery and maybe use wi-fi if possible.

Please use plain text.