Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Blackberry 9900 rebooted gets stuck under the R?..

Hey,

Need a little help! (alot) i was up late in the morning, about 1, putting a picture onto my phone then as i unplugged the phone i realised it was rebooting by itself so i thought it would be just like normal as its done it a few times (not normally when plugged in via USB).. it then got stuck on the loading screen under the R of blackberry so i waited took the battery out a few times.. went to sleep.. woke up and it was still the same!

my OS was also the 7.1 i think as i updated it a while back..

does anyone know why and how this has happened and if there is a fix? was going to get the new Q10 but now im not going to bother, blackberry always have problems :smileyindifferent:

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry 9900 rebooted gets stuck under the R?..

Hi typicalkid

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Apart from that picture , Have you recently installed any application or something ? Think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If above fails or unable to boot on safe mode then you have to try an OS relaod , but as you device struck on a reboot loop it won't allow a simple reload , you can try those article to recover your device . 

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Or even this :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

But .. Please note those methods will delete all user data from within that device, if you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry Protect then you can restore it from there.

So , try it and let us know how it goes.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hey,

Thanks for the solution but unfortunately i tried everything above and its just back to square one.. it just stays stuck on re-boot screen under the R, honestly dont understand why this has happened..

more solutions are welcome though!

Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

Elite II

Hi there,

I fear if your device encountered any hardware problem :smileysad:

But .. before considering it as a hardware issue can you confirm , have you been able to load the OS by following those above article ? And it struck on R while loading after OS reload ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I tried everything mentioned above, although it said that my OS has updated and phone wiped, when I unplugged it from USB it just simply has done the same thing; probably a hardware problem as you say, probably have to send it for repair s always.
Elite II

Hi there,

Yes .. It may be an hardware issue . But if you still willing to try then use BBSAK  http://bbsak.org/   to completely wipe your device and then load an OS pack .

New Contributor

Hey,

thanks again for the help but the site wont let me download the software do u know how else to download this?.

thanks!
Elite II

Hi there,

What happen when you try the above link ? Are you getting any error !

If you're having problem then you can also download it from Softpedia or any other Website.