Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

MrC
New Contributor
My Device: BBz10 PIN: 2AB14EC7 - 32G PB PIN: 50110033
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry App World Not Refreshing

Hello all-

Looking for some help.  I just bought a used Blackberry Bold 9650 (Holding on to my upgrade for the BB10 Device).  I got it up and running and got all of my information over after some work getting that pesky IT Policy removed.  Now I cannot get my uninstalled application list to refresh and update properly.  Its saying that I don't have any uninstalled applications.  The error says: An error occurred while updating the application list please try again later.  My last Blackberry (Style 9670 6.0 OS) has the same OS as my Bold and was full of applications.  When I log into App World from my PC, I can see all of my application that were uninstalled and the ones that I was able to install.

Attempt #1 - I connected my BB to my Laptop and logged into App World so I could sync them over that way.  Was unsuccessful. I'm thinking that there was an issue with the app world plug in due to the fact that I had upgraded my Windows OS to Windows 8.

Attempt #2 - There was an issue with my device being able to connect to app world due to a pesky IT policy that was still on the device when I bought it. There was also an issue with my Blackberry ID being accepted on the device. I got that settled by logging into my carriers BIS site and completing the PIN change there.  After 4 security wipes, and 3 Clean Reloads, I was able to get it off and use my device as normal (So I thought). 

Attempt #3 -  I looked up KB19283 in the BTSC.  it advised me to check for the App Would Service books.  It says that this error occurs when moving to a new device or after an upgrade, service books are missing and need to be re-installed.  I thought, "JACKPOT!!"  I forgot to register on the host routing table after the clean reload??? But everything was working even though I didn't register?? I was able to set up, send and receive emails, I was able to enter my BBID information, I was able to get into BBM and even upgrade to the new Beta version for BBM Voice (:Offtopic: you all should really sign up for the BB Beta version of BBM it's cool to make a PIN Call to your BBM contacts).  Back to the point... So before I re-registered, I went in to look for the service book for App World and it was there. I deleted it and then went and registered on the host routing table.  I got the message that I was registered on my network.  I checked the service books and was able to see the App World service book. 

I am still not able to update or refresh my uninstalled list.  Looking for help??:Helpsmilie:

Mr.C
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry App World Not Refreshing

Hello!

First - thank you for the very detailed and clear problem report...it helps quite immensely!

I suggest that you clear the on-device AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld/MyWorld (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes).

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
MrC
New Contributor

First let me say, thank you for the tips.  I have to say that it didn't work.  I followed the steps exaclty as you laid out. I even went to the KB article you suggested and did this:

For BlackBerry App World 3.0 and 4.0:

1. Launch the BlackBerry App World application.
  2. While pressing and holding the ALT key, type RSTRST.

Since I have my device password enabled, I performed a battery pull.  I went back into App World > My World. It started to refresh the "Installed" list and I got the error message and then my currently installed apps would show.  I went into the "Uninstalled" list and refreshed. Still the same error and no uninstalled apps showing. 

So now we've:

• Cleared the cache
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled App Wold application itself
  • Deleted and resent the service book
  • Security Wiped
  • Clean Reload

What's next? :Detective:

Mr.C
Hall of Famer II

Hmmm...Please tell me exactly how you removed the IT Policy...every step...there is a very specific method required, and from what you posted, I cannot tell if the proper procedure was followed or not. Include any backup/restore steps you performed as part of that please.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
MrC
New Contributor

To make it short and simple, I followed he KB article to perform a Clean Reload of the Device Software.  I did not use the desktop software, I used the app loader tool.  

Mr.C
Hall of Famer II

From that, I can only guess (since all details are not there) that you did not perform the proper steps to remove the IT Policy. The Clean Reload process does not accomplish this. Here is what would be required:

1) Backup your BB to your PC

2) Take a manual inventory of all add on apps, license keys, etc., especially those obtained from other than AppWorld

3) Conduct the ResetToFactory process:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

4) Reinstall your apps and reconfigure your device

5) Conduct a selective restore of only those databases you require, being sure to skip over those that have anything to do with IT Policy:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

If one does a wholesale restore (which the Clean Reload process may well have done, especially if the automated backup/restore was allowed to run), they simply restore the database with the IT Policy, and the problem is simply restored to the BB.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates