Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Blackberry App World Not Showing Up

I realized that I was missing Blackberry App World, so I deleted it and restarted my phone. I re-installed and it still doesn't show up. It's in the application folder and I tried pulling the battery. I even tried wiping out all applications. Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry App World Not Showing Up

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check here:

• Homescreen > Options > (Advanced Options in some OS levels) > Applications

If AppWorld is not on that list(s), then it is not installed. Rather, the icon is a shortcut "teaser" pushed to you, encouraging you to install it. You cannot really get rid of those. Rather, what I do is to create a homescreen folder called "Spare Icons" (some call it "Junk") and move all of such icons there. That way, they are out of my way. On the other hand, if AppWorld is listed there yet you cannot find the icon (even with Show All active and digging through all homescreen subfolders), then you may be subject to this KB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I tried that already and it still doesn't work. I've tried un-installing, battery pulls, etc. Does anybody have a support number I can call because its starting to irritate me.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

For free, there is no direct support from RIM available. All front-line support is via the carriers and authorized resellers. They can escalate your case into RIM at no charge to you, but you must start with them for formal support.

Now, when you say you "tried that already"...what, exactly, did you try? Did you find it listed in Applications? Did you do the wipe and reinstall as recommended in the KB? Please remember that we have only your words to go by...sparseness of details makes us guess and that tends only to waste your time.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried the wipe but on User Installed Applications only. I seen it in Applications right after I installed it but couldn't access it, there were no icons and I tried show all. I tried the step by step instructions in the KB and still nothing.

Right now I downloaded it directly through my phones browser and installed it. It shows in Application > Add-on > but no icon to be found.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

same problem here. icon not showing up even after deleting it from my applicaitons folder in settings. i even restarted the phone. NOTHING!! I also found no "teaser" in the folder. I see the blackberry app world listed in the applications listed but no icon is found on my phone. blackberry needs to start preventing problems like these. I keep having way too many troubleshooting instances.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

You may find this article useful

Visitor
My Device: curve 8520

i had the same problem and went through waaaay to many websites! but the solution is, delete all your downloaded apps, blackberry app world included, then go on your blackberry browser, go to http://m.crackberry.com go to the Downloads Tabs, scroll down and download the blackberry app world, then that will appear in your menu after u downloaded it, then reinstall your app's using this, it's time consuming tho, u hve to search for all of them again :/ well i hope this helps! it certainly helped me :smileyvery-happy:

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: 27741063925

SOLUTION guaranteed

okay i tried wiping all applications 3 times and it didnt work. i thought about it and came up with an answer.

what you need to do is download "BBSAK" to ur desktop pc

http://bbsak.org/request.php?f=BBSAKv1.9.2_Installer.msi

then download blackberry app world files to ur desktop

http://www.filestube.com/7w8MAs24xdoxr71kobvejk/BlackBerry-App-World-2-1-0-39-OS-6-0.html

there after install the BBSAK.

BBSAK allows you to add applications manually and also back them up on ur pc

after installing BBSAK go to "Modify CODs"

then Install "CODS" 

go to where you downloaded your app world and select all the COD files .

then ur Device will restart and You have your appworld back.

if u have an Old BB then just download the appropriate APP world files to ur desktop 

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

Re: SOLUTION guaranteed

This was a life saver. Thanks a million!

EdwinSA wrote:

okay i tried wiping all applications 3 times and it didnt work. i thought about it and came up with an answer.

what you need to do is download "BBSAK" to ur desktop pc

http://bbsak.org/request.php?f=BBSAKv1.9.2_Installer.msi

then download blackberry app world files to ur desktop

http://www.filestube.com/7w8MAs24xdoxr71kobvejk/BlackBerry-App-World-2-1-0-39-OS-6-0.html

there after install the BBSAK.

BBSAK allows you to add applications manually and also back them up on ur pc

after installing BBSAK go to "Modify CODs"

then Install "CODS" 

go to where you downloaded your app world and select all the COD files .

then ur Device will restart and You have your appworld back.

if u have an Old BB then just download the appropriate APP world files to ur desktop