Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
ichabod
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry App World "missing" since upgrade to 3.1.2.32

I upgraded to Blackberry App World 3.1.2.32 this afternoon, and it would not work after I rebooted. At first, the icon was available, but clicking on it seemed to produce nothing.  When I checked the running apps after other reboots (one from powering off, another after yanking the battery), Blackberry App World showed up as a running app, even though I hadn't started it.  Switching to it didn't get me there, just back to the main screen.

A knowledge base article for a similar complaint indicated that overwriting 3.1.0.58 with 3.1.0.56 might solve it, but I was unable to find an earlier version of Blackberry App World on the Blackberry download site.  I have since tried downloading and replacing 3.1.2.32 with the same version in both English and Spanish. (My device is an English device, but it was worth a try.) I'm still in the same situation.

My next step will be to delete the app using Blackberry Desktop, but if anyone has any suggestions that might short circuit this or get me back to the previous version of Blackberry App World, I'd appreciate it.

I don't know what version of Blackberry App World was on my device before the upgrade, but it was upgraded witin the last two weeks.

Blackberry Bold 9650

Verizon Wireless

6.0 Bundle 3084

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry App World "missing" since upgrade to 3.1.2.32

[ Edited ]

Now that you have it deleted from your phone, try one more time to reload it, this time by typing www.blackberry.com/appworld in your phone's browser.

Please post back with your results.  We can look at other options if this doesn't pan out.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

After deleting the app from the Blackberry Desktop, rebooting, and downloading Blackberry App World again, I am where I was after the initial upgrade this afternoon. The Blackberry World icon is on the main screen, the app was running in the background when I went to the task switcher, and either switching to it or trying to launch the program leaves me wherever I was when I tried to get into Blackberry App World.

I'm away from my computer until tomorrow, so I won't be fiddling with it any more until tomorrow. Thanks for your suggestion.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm keeping my finger on the pulse of release 3.1.2.32 and there doesn't seem to be anything majorly wrong with it.  In fact, I'm using it without issue.  For that reason, I don't know if reverting to a previous version is the solution.

I'm going to leave this thread open for another member to have a crack at it.  I'll guess that reloading your OS and doing a battery pull might be suggested but short of calling Verizon for a solution, I'm out of ideas.  I hope you get the solution you're looking for and I'm sorry I couldn't supply it to you.

No matter what, please keep us up to date with your progress.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

I noticed that someone else posted what sounded to be the same problem in the last day or so on a Blackberry Torch thread, which makes me think I'm not the only one.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ichabod

I have used the Blackberry Desktop to delete Blackberry App World once again, and I installed Blackberry App World 3.0.0.73 from a backup in the Desktop. This seems to be working. Interestingly, Blackberry App World doesn't list itself as an installed app. Another interesting thing was that uninstalling Blackberry App World with the Desktop also removed Google Search from my device both times that I did it.

I am standing pat until a newer version of Blackberry App World is released.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
mugwump48
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: bell mobility

App World didn't so much go missing as the icon didn't connect. App World wouldn't open for me after downloading ver 3.1.2.32.  Tried battery pulls; deleting, hard reboot and reinstall - ota. Didn't work.

Reinstalled an earlier version (ver 3.1.1.21) which is working fine.

I too think I will wait for the next upgrade before spending any more time on this.

Maybe a conflict with something on my Bold 9700 (BB ver 6.0.0) running on Bell?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hwilkins
My Device: Bold 9650 corp; looking at Style 9670 for personal
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

I too am having this same problem, but don't have a backup of an older version of App World ... can anyone point me to one?  Funny thing is that my wife's Style works with the new version just fine ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sayeedzaman
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: airtel

Did it work? when u restore from backup? 

Please use plain text.
shlinky
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodacom

I'm having the same problem. I upgraded to v3.1.2.32 yonks ago and it worked fine. Then around 3 weeks ago the icon disappeared. Since then I've deleted, reinstalled, batter pulled a couple dozen times. Its driving me crazy - don't know what to do anymore. Running OS 6 platform 695 on Torch 9800.
Please use plain text.