Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

JohnGR
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Blackberry App world - Data Service not available

I just got a Blackberry Bold 9000 in my hands so after the first set up i had to do i tried to install blackberry app world via WiFi. It didn't work. I had to download from the site to my PC Install Desktop Manager and after that finally after a long time of searching i installed blackberry app world on my device.

Worked nice and i installed Bolt browser (one of the apps). After this though i tried to access again the App world and a pop-up message appears that says "The data service is not oerational".  I searched google a bit and many guys say that you need a data plan with your provider to download apps.

The problem is that i downloaded Bolt with WiFi internet access and having "Mobile Network - Off" when i did it but i cannot do it again.

Please Help!!!

Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Blackberry App world - Data Service not available

Hi JohnGR,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry App World is not supported over Wi-Fi and requires a data plan with your wireless provider. You may want to contact your service provider for more information.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!