Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry BOLD problems when switching 3G/2G

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue. I just got my BOLD last week and for the first couple of days, the phone worked perfectly fine. However, for the last couple of days, I've been having problems with sending/receiving calls. When I'm in 3G & 2G, it wont allow me to make calls, and when someone calls, it goes straight to voicemail.....and when I switch to 2G only, I can make calls, but when someone tries to call, it rings once, and then straight to voicemail. Im not sure if this is a hardware or software problem. I changed my SIM card, reloaded the latest software version from the Rogers website, nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea as to what is causing this problem and/or a possible solution. Thanks!!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Blackberry BOLD problems when switching 3G/2G

Go to the store and change the device right now, sound like a antenna problem , if the preoblem eas only with hte 3g network fine, but problem in 2G, problematic, change it

Don't forget to backup all the data and wipe the device

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the insight, hopefully this helps....I have called Rogers tech support and they are sending me a new Bold. Even though I back up my device, when I get the new one, will I have to register my email accounts again with the new PIN??
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Whern you receive the new one, open desktop manager, and choose switch devices, to sync all the data from the old device to the new one, and after this, put the simcard in the new device, login on your carrier web page and register the new pin number, and send the service books.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.