Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Developer
rapidgroup
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: Blackberry Backup Freeze

I found that when the backup freezes, I had to restart my blackberry and either restart the pc or use the task manage to kill blackberry media manager.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
willonumber1
My Carrier: O2

Have now managed to get the blackberry desktop manager updated to the latest version, my phone synced with the PC, just about to update new software bundle and it has stopped in the backup on 324 of 382 items (SMS messages) .

I love this phone but this is really testing my patience.

Please use plain text.
ThaiGQ
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Yeah, I have the same problem. It always freezes at the "Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record" as well. And I can't even choose not to perform a back up because as soon as my device successfully connects to the Desktop Manager, the backup immediately begins. Attempting to cancel the operation just results in the program remaining at the same stage but with the "Cancel" button faded out so that the only option I have is to unplug the device from my computer. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JPenny87
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I finally figured out how to get past all of this nonsense. After reading quite a few forums, I realized that the problem was the 'Social Feeds' app. The best way to fix the problem is to delete the Social Feeds app from your device using the application manager on your device. Also, another thing I did was to delete 'Smart Card Options' from my device using the Desktop Software. This article explains how:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB29522

If you need any further help let me know. I hope this works for everyone!!!

-Jo0ordy-
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
andrea-ohs-italy
My Device: BOLD 9700 and BOLD 9900
My Carrier: TIM

Many thanks for your post. I solve very quickly the problem for the backup.

Andrea - ITALY
Please use plain text.
hruths
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: bell

how did you get your phone to go back to normal? mine has been frozen on social feeds for three hours, i cannot do a battery pull or restart my phone, it automatically goes back to this page

Please use plain text.
reece001
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: O2

When your update froze i am aware that it says "Do not disconnect ur device it could make it unuseable" - since it froze did u disconnect it without any problems?
Please use plain text.