Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold - 3G vs Edge issue

i just purchased the BOLD yesterday and def had some setup problems.  i hope they are all gone by today.  the issue i am currently having is my phone keeps jumping from 3g to edge.  is this normal?  if not how can i fix this?

also, there are times my browser won't come up or takes a long time.  is this due to the bad betwork signal not allowing the network to connnect to the browser?  also it seems as thogh if and hwen it does connect it is using edge vs 3G.

i have yet to synch it to my pc at work cuz i was having so many issues w/ the setup.

help! and thnx in advance!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Blackberry Bold - 3G vs Edge issue

For the first two questions on your post i have a question, who and where is your carrier.

for the third , which problems you ahve in the setup?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

i have AT&T and I live in san francisco

initially i was not gettingmy emails form work and had trouble sending text messages.  i also was not able to log into the navigation.  as of now almost al fo these items are resolved but i am going to use this for the next couple of days before i make them giveme a new BOLD

Forums Veteran III

If the Navigation you are using is the ATT navigator call the ATT customer service and ask for the service books.

The problem with the 3g is for the signal, go tomorrow morning and change the device.

Don't forget to make a full backup before. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

thanks.

i will hold the phone for another day to make sure the edge keeps popping up vs the 3g.  if so i will then return the phone. ; )

Forums Veteran III

You are welcome