Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Regular Contributor
sonixceb
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Blackberry Bold 9000 Wallpaper Changer and Headset Phone Call Alert Tone

Just curious, but is there currently an app somewhere that I can get that will automatically change my wallpaper using my wallpaper folder or any images on my Bold?  One where I can set the interval at which to change the wallpaper?  I do see a few in the App Store, but they are not compatible with my Bold...at least not yet.  I am currently running the latest OS version on the Bold - 4.6.0.297.

Also, has anyone heard anything about adding a tone alert for phone calls when using the headphones on the Bold?  I have seen several threads about it, but they are old.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  I know the iPhone has an alert so why can't the Blackberry? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 Wallpaper Changer and Headset Phone Call Alert Tone

1. I am not sure of any additional apps for the wallpaper changer.

2. The three or so headsets I have used in the past year do give me a tone alert when calls come, through the headset.

And If I am on the phone, it beeps when I get an email or SMS.

I believe that is a part of the headset feature, not an application for the BlackBerry.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sonixceb
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Well, maybe in the future there will be a wallpaper changer.  Thanks for you input on this.

As for the headSET response you gave me, yes, I have a Motorola Bluetooth headSET that does give me a tone when calls come in, but when I use the headPHONES (tethered) that came with the Bold, I get no phone call alert tone, but do get a tone when an email, VM, text, etc. message comes in.  Not sure why they didn't include a quiet tone for when a call comes in using the headPHONES. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cyberworldukltd
My Device: I am rocking the BlackBerry® PlayBook bridged to BlackBerry® Torch Smartphone with BlackBerry® Wireless Headset HS-700

but they are not compatible with my Bold...at least not yet.  I am currently running the latest OS version on the Bold - 4.6.0.297.

visit our website: DietKart
Thanks
Please use plain text.