Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 build in car

Many thanks for this, will report back to the group when I've installed and tested it.
Contributor

Well, I can confirm that the new beta firmware has fixed my car issue! Now, with BT settings as default, no messing around it just works straight out of the box.

I have used it for two days now, no long drives yet but it stays connected for up to 45 minutes without problems and it will reconnect and disconnect properly and it does this quickly. Signal has definitely improved too.

Nice one Blackberry. IMO, for business users this is the best device on the market by a country mile.

Now if only my Email would start working again.... Smiley Wink Hopefully a minor issue since I upgraded to the new firmware, using desktop redirector and upgraded on a different machine, my laptop.. hmmm (!)

Contributor

Fixed. Upgraded my desktop to the same rev and the messages started coming again. Perfect!
New Contributor

Thanks for your update. Glad it all worked. It might be time for me to go back and get another BOLD now.

Needed that bluetooth to work in my car. Arrrgh!

Thanks for testing if for everyone.

Bill.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm sorry to report but there is still a problem with the Blackberry firmware implementation of SAP. If the phone loses signal, the connection is dropped to the MB SAP module. It will reconnect again (this is an improvement on the old firmware) but it does not work, ie even if the phone has signal it is clearly not communicating properly as the MB system shows zero bars.

The only fix is to stop the car, lock the doors, re-open the car and reconnect the phone. This is not a MB problem, as with my Nokias if the phone lost signal, the connection to the MB system would not be dropped, it would just show zero bars on the display. Just because signal is lost, BT connection via SAP to the BB should not terminate.

It appears RIM still has some work to do.

Where can I report this bug to RIM?

LL