Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mattberry7
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 build in car

Dan,

I have an '08 E Class, and am using what I believe is the same Bluetooth interface plug-in you are using on the S Class.  When I initially sync my Bold, everything works just fine.  When I leave the car, for some reason, it will not connect.  It keeps trying to, but it won't do it until a call is made or received.  That is what is strange.  If I call out, even though the phone does not appear to be connected, it syncs up after a second or two.   I don't understand why BB would mess with the Bluetooth module.  I say BB because my Curve worked just fine.  I keep looking for a fix, and can't find one.  Perhaps a software upgrade, or downgrade, will be coming soon.

New Contributor
mattberry7

I think I have solved the pairing issues described in this thread.  The Bold comes with a host of other bluetooth features that are not useful, or supported, by most bluetooth car systems.  Of course, if you are using these features on a day to day basis, this might not be the best fix for you.  In my case, the only bluetooth I use is my Mercedes system and an occasional headset. 

The following instructions will enable you to turn such features off, and should solve the problems identified above.

From the home screen, hit the dotted applications button (to the immediate left of the trackball)

Scroll down and select "Manage Connections"

Scroll down and select "Bluetooth Options"

You should see the device that is causing you trouble, in my case "MB PhoneSystem"

Hit the applications button again

Select "Options" - This should open a screen with information about your device, and a list of "Services" at the bottom.

I removed the check from every service except for "Headset" and "Handsfree," and it fixed the problem I was having in the Mercedes E Class. 

Based on my limited tech knowledge, I would assume the "Serial Port Profile" features was causing the problem, but who know.   At any rate, I would love to hear from you all as to whether this solved the problem. 

Thanks,

Matt

New Contributor
smook

[ Edited ]

Ok.  I'm going to try Matt's approach and de-select the bluetooth options unders "HandsFree" (your specific car pairing device). In my case for tthe HONDA Pilot.

This will be my last attempt to resolve this problem.

Let you know the out-come in a few hours. I'll try it on the way into the office this morning.

Cheers!

Wish me luck. I'll report back shortly.

Bill.

Message Edited by smook on 12-24-2008 09:20 AM
Contributor
lagerlout

I have an 07 S-Class and have been having a few issues. In the UK we have two MB BT pucks, one is HFP (hands free profile) and the other SAP (Sim Access Profile) which I have. HFP allows you to retain use of your handset whereas SAP does not. SAP puts the phone in locked down low power mode and the Car uses the inbuilt antennae so you get much better reception with the SAP module (why I got mine). You can also put a SIM into a SAP module, in effect the SAP module is a phone. Anyway I digress.. The pairing procedure is different between HFP and SAP modules.

I've been having the problem where my Bold is dropping out after it has been paired and trusted on both devices. I thought it might have been a weak signal but it's not. I haven't had any problems using Nokia handsets prior to this. I will try Matt's advice and report back to the group to see if this solves the problem for me. The Bold has been next to perfect and fingers crossed this can be resolved too.

New Contributor
smook

Ok.  Just for notes here,

The options to de-select serial port phone etc.... are all available on the curve. I checked.

And my curve worked with ALL options checked. It has the SAME OPTIONS !!!

Anyways, I've now moved to the BOLD again and have only the HandsFree option checked.

Going to the car now to see if it worked.

Bill. :smileywink:

New Contributor
smook

Update:

Bluetooth update with un-checking other options.

NO CHANGE. NO EFFECTS.

The BOLD 9000 still drops the call on an outbound call from the handsfree car request.

I've boxed up my BOLD 9000 and taking it back to Rogers. I've got a 30 day return option.

I hope everyone here can get it working. 

Merry Xmas!

Going back to the 8310 curve. It works!

Bill.

New Contributor
smook

I have a Xmas gift for you all.

As I was giving my BOLD back, one of the reps mentioned, that he knows about a RIM Blackberry firmware patch for this issue. It's an internal patch right now, but he'll see if he can shoot me the link for everyone.

So, it appears it is a known issue and there is an internal patch to correct it currently floating internally inside RIM.

If I do get the patch link, I will post it here on the forums.

btw I did go back to the 8130 curve and it works perfectly as before, proving that the BOLD has the firmware issue.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Bill.

New Contributor
mattberry7

Update from Matt:

The fix I suggested has solved the problem I was having in the Mercedes with the Phone Puck.  The phone was stuck in an endless loop when I enter the car, and would not connect.  I have used the phone all day without a problem.  I will definitely keep my eyes out for a patch, as those changes should not be necessary.

Happy holidays!

Matt

Contributor
lagerlout

Matt,

What MB BT puck do you have in your car, is it the HFP module? If it is, it will be matt black, the SAP module is all flashy with a part chrome cover..

I have tried absolutely everything to get this work over the last few days and nothing will fix the problem in SAP mode.

I think the problem is related to signal. When the phone network signal is weak or drops out, SAP mode drops out and the phone simply will not connect again, ever, - UNTIL you physically power down the phone, then pull the battery. Even then, the first time this happened I somehow managed to crash the phone, had to reset it three times to get it to come back to normal.

My BB is not tied to any provider but I use O2 here in the UK.

Snook - if you can find this firmware upgrade, please, please post the solution. Without my car phone I'm lost!!!

New Contributor
smook

Ok. SMOOK to the rescue. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR... the fix is in.

http://blackberrysync.com/2008/12/blackberry-bold-os-460217-gets-leaked/

Be sure you get 217 NOT 215... !

BTW USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.