If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
espasojevic
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Bold 9000 screen

Hi, it seems that my phone's screen died, but I am not sure if that is the only thing that died there.

When I turn it on, screen goes white, with some different colors stripes. I am able to connect to it from my kaptop and to backup everything there. So I would be positive that it is screen. But...

When I call the number, nothing happens. I would think that if the screen is dead, everything else works (including phone itself)? Does anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks, Ed

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 screen

Start with a battery pull.  Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
espasojevic

The same thing. After I put the battery back, turn it on, screen goes white with stripes, and I am able to access all the files on BB. Still, when I call my BB number, nothing...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

Those stripes sound like bad news to me.  :smileysad:

Let's have you reload your OS to see if a fresh OS will perk up your phone.  Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  If you don't have it installed on your PC, you can find it at www.blackberry.com/desktop .  Once you've plugged your phone in and it's been recognized, click Device at the top of the software then Restore or Update.  Clicking either one is fine, however clicking Update will inform you of a new OS if your carrier offers one.  Once you've loaded the OS, have a go again at your phone and see if the stripes persist.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
espasojevic

I successfully upgraded OS from 5.0 Bundle 1682 to 1728. Still the same thing...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ

If a battery pull and an OS did nothing to correct the issue, it's time to look for a replacement phone.  As I said, those stripes sound like bad news and the lack of a resolution confirms that they are, indeed, bad news.

Keep in mind that your phone, being a Bold 9000, is probably a couple of years old by now.  Phones don't last forever and it would appear that yours is coming to the end of its life.  :smileysad:

I wish I could offer you happier news but I really don't think there's much more you can do at this point.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.