Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
akashpatel
My Device: Bold 9000

Blackberry Bold 9000 showing App Error 523

hey i have a black berry 9000 showing me App Error 523 on white screen. When ever I try to restart my phone it shows this error. And I cant even connect my phone to my computer. When ever I connect my phone to my computer it shows connecting and even if I check it up after 6 hours it shows connecting. So i am not even able to connect my phone to the computer so that i can install the new software. An its even showing reset below the error but when ever i press the phone gets re- started and it again shows the same erroe. Please some one help me.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 showing App Error 523

You need to remove the offending third party application or theme.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

IF the above does not work or help, You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yeshanp
My Device: 9700 Bold

You are the man!!!!

I have a 9700 Bold that's a month old and during an update my power cut then it rebooted with the "App Error 523"  and i had just got the thing running the way i want it...

it wouldn't detect on mac, pc, or any other OS with DM, the log would say "Platform=(null)

thanks to your brilliant advice i am up and running again!!!!

Please use plain text.
vishalspatel27

hey man.... i must say that u did a great job....

same problem happen wid my blackberry 9000 ....Now it is allrite coz of ur post......

it workssssss really.......

thank you ...

Vishal.......

Please use plain text.
shurlock
My Device: bold 9700

Please help!!!!

I have the same problem but a Mac laptop.

How do i sort the App Error 523 problem with my mac?

i have downloaded the blackberry software and like the guy before when i connect my phone it tries to connect but doesn't

AAAAAARRRRGHH

3 are useless at sorting it out over the phone. they have no idea!

Thanks in advance for any help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yeshanp
My Device: 9700 Bold

sorry dude, you're gonna have to install parallels or bootcamp on ur mac to get it sorted, windows is the only platform that will allow you to the software required

Please use plain text.
plwilliams
My Device: Curve 8900

Had to register to say THANK YOU so much for this! I even called TMobile for some kinda verification on this method and they tried but then told me to send my bb in for repair!! I decided to follow your instructions as I'm backed up so whats the worst that could happen! And yes it worked!!

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
southnyanza
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9810

Hey,

I also tried to do this, but i'm still stuck. Must i do this on a PC because all i have is my Mac. I cannot access ANYTHING! I cant even go to the home screen. PLEASE HELP. I'M SO DISTRESSED!

Please use plain text.
fearoftrains
My Device: bold 9000

Hello!

I really need your help guys. I downloaded some messenger app on my bold 9000 but i was low battery and while the process was on going, my phone just turned white. Yes nothing but white with no text whatsoever at all. It went like that the whole day and i was out and when i got home, immediately plugged the charger and removed the battery hoping it will go back to normal but then the "app error 523 reset" appeared and everytime i would reset, it will do reset but will go back to that page.

I tried the process above and i reached the stage where it was just connected to the computer and on going with the process. I tried to be patient because it was mentioned above that the process will be lengthy but it already reached 5 hours and the process was still on going and my phone had that white thing again with no text whatsoever.

Is this really how it is? what do you guys think i should do? i really really need my phone to run again soon. \

Thank you so much!

Please use plain text.
NandaLudwina

thanks man, ur my saviour :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.