Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
stevio77
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Blackberry Bold 9000 won't turn on

I have a Blackberry Bold 9000. This morning I took the battery out without turning it off first of all (because it was running really slow).

Since then I have been unable to turn it on at all or to get anything from it!

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? I have tried to plugged it in to the charger with and without the battery in as I read that might help, but nothing has worked so far.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 won't turn on

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

With the battery in, place it on the wall charger for at least 2 hours before trying again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevio77
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Update... my blackberry has come back to life. I left the battery out over night, and then put it back in in the morning, and I was able to turn it back on. It was a bit slow at first while it sorted itself out, but it seems to be working fine now. The battery was out for about 9 hours overnight.

Please use plain text.
matt_8105
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

I just had the same problem today:

- Prompt me with the white screen telling me to delete some applications as it's running low on memory.

- Clock animation was continuously running on the screen and was unresponsive.

- Decided to do a soft reboot using the key combo.

- Black screen with red LED on the entire time (reboot sequence did not initiate)

- Decided to pull the battery out and placed it back in.

- Device would not turn on at all (no LED flashing, no device detected when connected via USB)

I've taken the battery out and will leave it overnight. We'll see what happens.

Please use plain text.
matt_8105
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Just placed the battery back into the device and it booted up fine once again!

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
nathi1222
My Device: Blackbarry Bold 9000

good day

I left my blackberry bold 9000 on charge though out the night while playing music when i wake up it was off tried to switch it on it would not turn on at all (no LED flashing, no device detected when connected via USB)

please help

Please use plain text.
rzlejan
My Device: Blackberry 9000

Hi,

Please help me with my BB9000. I charged it on KFC charging station and left it in few minutes and then when i unplugged it from that charger, it's already off and it won' turn back on. the red light won't work. 

I have tried taking out the battery for how many hours and replaced it but then, nothing still happens, it still won't turn on. I tried consulting it to a technician, he tried using same other battery but still it won't turn on.. he says it must be REPROGRAMMED. 

Can i just reprogram it myself 'coz it's a bit pricy if i won't. OR is there any other way for this??

Please help me with this... PLEASE... :smileysad:(

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasoncalliste
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

I have a blackberry bold 9000 and it refuses to turn on. When i plug in the charger the red light blinks once pauses for 2 seconds then blinks four times can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jasoncalliste wrote:

I have a blackberry bold 9000 and it refuses to turn on. When i plug in the charger the red light blinks once pauses for 2 seconds then blinks four times can anyone help?

Hi and Welcome to the Community (and apologies for the late reply)!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jasoncalliste
My Device: blackberry bold 9000

thank you thank you so much i will try it and see how it goes thanx again
Please use plain text.