Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jalalopez
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9000 wont sync via USB

My blackberry desktop manager software installed fine version 4.6.0.12, but it wont sync with my BB 9000 via usb cable. I have Vista with SP1. After I plug the device into the USB port the OS installs BB drivers and fails to install blackberry. If I connect as mass storage works fine I can see the device and its data. Any ideas? I can't find a USB driver for BB 9000
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Bold 9000 wont sync via USB

jalalopez wrote:
 After I plug the device into the USB port the OS installs BB drivers and fails to install blackberry.

Can you explain that in more detail?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jalalopez

Thanks for the reply:

When I connect via USB the BB Bold 9000 to the computer windows fails to install a driver for the "Blackberry Smartphone" from windows update finds a drivers, downloads the driver then return with a message that there is a problem installing this driver contact the manufacture.

hope that helps

regards

Jorge 

New Contributor
jalalopez

Solved:

using windows update manually download the blackberry smartphone driver

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=blackberry

copy these files to your machine and using "computer management" -> device manager select the blackberry and right click ->update driver point to the folder of the new drivers and works!!!!!

Pspatton

My computer loads the driver and connects fine and I see it as mass storage.  My desktop manager (4.6) cannot find the BB, I have reinstalled several times and still does not work.  My blackberry is running v4.6.0.126 (platform 4.0.0.135) and is a Telcel phone.
ToddPro

Go into the device manager and find the device missing its driver and hit the update driver.

Tell it you want to pick the driver

It will give you a page of different types of hardware - Pick Ports

Go down the list and you will see a "rim virtual serial port" choose that and it will install the driver

Do the same thing for the second missing driver and your problems are all solved.
musicmutt
My Device: bold

I have the same problem but on an Apple Imac Desktop my desktop manager is up to date and the fone will not find the Imac with bluetooth either so any help for me would be more than apprecieated as I have tried everything I know to resolve this issue many thanks for reading best regards Tony(musicmutt)