Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Airez
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Bold 9700 Water Damage

My Blackberry Bold 9700 has gone through water damage. Everything works perfectly when it is turned on other than the track pad which does not work at all.

When it was looked at, I was told that the "microchip?" inside the blackberry is defective and there is no way they can think of to fix it.

What is the microchip? Can it be fixed or replaced for my trackpad to work again?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 Water Damage

I'm not entirely sure what they are referring to as the microchip.  If the problem is just the trackpad, then you may be able to find a trackpad relatively easily online.  If the problem is that the motherboard on the phone has been damaged, that's a different story and that will be expensive to fix or repair.

If the phone does not have accidental damage coverage, then you can try taking a look at online repair locations.  I know one that some users have had good experiences in the past is called Horizon Wireless.  Take a look for their website and contact them.  They may be able to help you out.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.