Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Blackberry Bold 9700 will not fully start up!

PLEASE somebody help me! I am completely lost without my blackberry!

Basically, my phone wouldn't let me make any calls, and i have learnt from past experiences that removing the battery (whilst it is still switched on) can help resolve A LOT of problems. 

So, i did this and waited for it to turn on...the red light came on, the loading bar started to load...it got to about half way, and then disappeared completely! and the screen just went black. Then the phone decided to try again without me pressing anything

since then it has been continually trying over and over, but just wont load! I have tried removing the battery and leaving it for hours, i have also removed the Micro SD card, but none of it has worked!

Has anybody else had a similar problem, as i would feel more at ease knowing that it is not just me! If so, what have you done about ti? 

Any help would be much appreciated, Thank You.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Bold 9700 will not fully start up!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

From your description, it sounds like the battery is too depleted to power up completely. As such, I recommend leaving it powered down but on the charger for at least 2 hours before trying to power up again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

i will try that and let you know how i get on Smiley Happy

thank you! but one more thing....

if it wont turn off and just keep trying to reboot unless i pull the battery out, should i just leave it on charge with the battery in whilst it is trying to reboot? 

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

I just started having the same issue last night. My battery is fully charged but my bold keeps reseting and wont completely power up. I get the red light then the blackberry power  bar across screen. It gets about half way then flashes and starts over again. I have tried a battery pull numerous times to no avail. I pulled sim and microcard etc.... also. Any help would be appreciated.  One note nothing happened to phone was working fine and was set on desk. About a couple hours later it just started doing this when I went to use it to make a call.

Hall of Famer II

harleigh9700 wrote:

i will try that and let you know how i get on Smiley Happy

thank you! but one more thing....

if it wont turn off and just keep trying to reboot unless i pull the battery out, should i just leave it on charge with the battery in whilst it is trying to reboot? 

Yes...if it will not stop the looping reboots, then leave it on the charger for the two hours. After that, if the looping is continuing, then remove and replace the battery (with it still on the charger). See if it clears. If not, you may be heading in the direction of this helpful article:

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Hall of Famer II

jgammell wrote:

I just started having the same issue last night. My battery is fully charged but my bold keeps reseting and wont completely power up. I get the red light then the blackberry power  bar across screen. It gets about half way then flashes and starts over again. I have tried a battery pull numerous times to no avail. I pulled sim and microcard etc.... also. Any help would be appreciated.  One note nothing happened to phone was working fine and was set on desk. About a couple hours later it just started doing this when I went to use it to make a call.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please follow the same advice as above.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria
Visitor
My Device: Bold II 9700
My Carrier: ATT

This is sort of  my  problem, but slightly different.

I was having email problems, which  can usually  be resolved by pulling and replacing the battery.

I did so and the red light came on, followed by the progress bar. Then a list of the applications appeared. Then teh warning: Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry,waitFor (0xbfca09490ffe99e5) timeout

When I clear the message, I get Error starting ApplicationName: Module

net_rim_bb_remindermanager not found

I have gone through all the kb's and support screens I can find, but none of the errors I am seeing are listed.

Can anyone help?

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

[ Edited ]

i am also facing the same problem..,........but my phone startsloading and as it starts loading , theloading bar disappears and phone goes to off..... please help me....

My ID is **Removed**

Edit: Email removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Hall of Famer II

uzair527 wrote:

i am also facing the same problem..,........but my phone startsloading and as it starts loading , theloading bar disappears and phone goes to off..... please help me....

My ID is **Removed**

Edit: Email removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Hello,

If your problem is the same, then the remedies already offered in this thread may be what you need...but until you read and try them, we cannot know the result. Please scroll up, read, and try what is already provided above...and report back with specific results.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates