Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: China Mobile

Blackberry Bold 9780 3rd party software connection / network issue

Hi, I recently upgraded from a Blackberry Bold 9000 to Blackberry Bold 9780 about a week ago. OS: 6.0 bundle 1879 (V6.0.0.448 Platform 6.5.0.136) I have been having problem with 3rd party app software data / network connection issue. The affected application includes all 3rd party app that includes bloomberg, whatsapp, google map, google, etc. After a device reset, initially the 3rd party applications will run fine without any issue. But after several hours (say 6-8 hours), the 3rd party apps will no longer be able to access data. I get a "network error" or "connection error". However, the blackberry browser still works and I can still access the web. So it would seem the data connection for blackberry apps are still ok but the 3rd party data connection is shutdown. A reset of the device (battery pull) will solve the problem. I am not sure what the problem is that causes 3rd party apps to lose data connection after a few hours. It happens every day, and I am having to do battery pull daily. I don't know if other people are having the same problem too. Never had this problem with the old bold 9000. Please help!! thanks.
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Saudi Arabia STC

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 3rd party software connection / network issue

I got the same issues with my new  9780 (6.0 Bundle 1306, Platform 6.5.0.93). As you described the battery pull usually works. But I have no idea how to resolve the issue...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: China Mobile

Looks like there is way to solve this issue?  Is this a hardware or software problem??  Is  anyone at RIM reading this???

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 6.0 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.526
My Carrier: Att--Battery Pulling is a Temporary Fix; CURRENT APPS: Blackberry Protect, Dropbox, Memory Up Pro, Poynt, Google Maps,BBmessenger, Memory Booster, Bebuzz, BB App World, Facebook, Screen Capture

Hello!

I have had the same issue and when i get the pop up saying that i have no connection, i close the app and click it again to open it and it seems to work fine.  Keep in mind that you may have other apps running at the same time that are just "minimized."  If you hit the red button, it will minimize it and not close it. Go to the browser cache and clear it all.  Try going to the home screen and hold in the alt key and press LGLG, then hit the menu key and "clear log."  If that doesn't help, it could have a defect.  It can't hurt to try and reinstall the o.s., Just make sure you back up your device.  Hope that helps!

-Brian

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star Kudos Button below the post which helped you..

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Telfort

Hello, I have the same issue on my BB bold 9780. OS 6. After update to newest device software version problem persists. Reseting device every day! That brings internet connection for the 3rd party apps back. Brian's suggestion does not help. Is this a hardware problem? So I should send it back then?
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: china unicom