Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
donnabelmartie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780

Blackberry Bold 9780 Automatic Power Off Problem

Hi all,

My phone kept on shutting down automatically even if its full- charged. I tried doing the battery pull twice then fortunately it turned on. But now it shut down again. What shall I do? I had it since January this year. Thanks.

Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 Automatic Power Off Problem

donnabelmartie wrote:

Hi all,

My phone kept on shutting down automatically even if its full- charged. I tried doing the battery pull twice then fortunately it turned on. But now it shut down again. What shall I do? I had it since January this year. Thanks.

Hello donnabelmartie,

Update or reload your OS.

Thanks.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Contributor
donnabelmartie

I went to the blackberry service center and they only upgraded my firmware to blackberry 6 ver 6.0.0.706 (3049). After upgrading I experienced hang-ups and still auto shut down for 5 times. I just did a battery pull then its okay again. And now I haven't experienced any issues yet. So do I need to do a battery pull everyday?

Contributor
donnabelmartie

This problem occurred again so I did a security wipe then happened again. Shall I reload my OS now? I'm on 6.0.0.706 (3049).

Contributor
Lhea
My Device: BB Bold 9900

Hi donnabelmartie,

I had the same prob before.I can share what worked for me but I was wondering if you are still under warranty. Is that Globe released device?

FYI: I got this from other members here that if your power device went below 35% and kept having that for the next few days or even let it fully drained, your BB you will start having that issue ( despite charging until full) because of BB's Power System Maintenance. You'll know if you have reached the limit if one day it just wont turn on despite exhausting all options that worked for some. What you'll just see on your device everytime you charge would be black screen with the RED LED light blinking for a few secs then gone. Sometimes you may see the battery icon with thunderbolt in the middle for a few secs and then gone again. If you have that, then it's time you need to have it checked.

Let me know. I can send you the details of the BB service center we have here in the country ( I am assuming you are in the Philippines) I was still under warranty so yeah,they gave me a replacement although they did say that they may need to send my device directly to RIM ( nearest is in Singapore) they normally do all software troubleshooting but any hardward, they needed to send device to RIM themselves.

Hope this helps

Contributor
donnabelmartie

Hello there,

No, not serious as that. My phone kept on auto shut down for consecutive times so I brought it to the service center in Kapitolyo Pasig. They just upgraded the firmware as they believed it was only just a software problem and maybe due to some apps. After some time it happened again so I did a security wipe but unfortunately it happened again once and hanged up when someone was calling. My device is not from Globe, but has a 2 year parts and warranty.