Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Blackberry Bold 9780 - Problem accessing email after updating from version 6, bundle 863 to 2391

I have had a problem twice with updating my version 6 software of my Blackberry Bold 9780. About a month ago, I updated but I had an issue with the email so I downgraded and all was well.

Yesterday, I had a notice on my phone that I should download and install the software update so I tried again, figuring maybe it would go better this time. But no luck. After I installed the update, I can't access email at all. When I click on the email account icon, it gives the little clock that looks like it's going to open up the next menu screen, but it just stays there and won't give me the option of setting up an account (either internet or enterprise). And then when I hit the exit or return button, (I think that's what it's called), it just hangs and won't take me out of that menu. I can press the switch applications button and go back to the home screen and then go back into the setup menu where the email accounts are and close it out using the menu key, but not the back button.

I have again downgraded back to bundle 863 but I would like to upgrade the software. Can anyone give me an idea on what to do so that I can fix this email issue? The odd thing is that when I do the bundle update, if I don't do anything with the email accounts, I receive email - I just can't change or edit or add anything new through the menu.

(BTW, I also have the strange "stuttering" keyboard but I thought it was me, lol!)

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 - Problem accessing email after updating from version 6, bundle 863 to 2391

Hi,

i had a similar problem after I upgraded and I think the problem is to do with missing language packs. I deleted all non english packs, but somehow this has caused a problem with the upgrade. Try reinstalling an older version and then make sure you install all language packs before upgrading.

Hope that works,

Jason

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 - Problem accessing email after updating from version 6, bundle 863 to 2391

after i upgraded to 6.0 my 9700 randomly deletes some of my e-mails. do you think it is the same problem?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780

Did that work for you, and now you don't have a problem?

I also have Be Buzz on my phone and it seems to get wiped out when I downgrade (never get to the point of trying it when I upgrade, so not sure if it's affected)

Wendy

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

no i have the problem since i have upgraded and its driving me mad
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I had the same problem today and now when I click on options it won't do anything...

how do you downgrade to the previous version?

Thanks