Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Blackberry Bold 9780 Reception tower display

Hi there, 

On previous mobiles I have owned I have been able to add on it the local reception tower display as I moved through Australia. 

Where in the settings can I turn this on please? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 Reception tower display

Do you mean something different than the signal bars on the home screen?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
danielsydney
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi,

Thanks, I see the bars but normally in Australia on the screen it will display the location of what tower reception is coming from. 

It has got to come from the telco I think.People can add it and turn on and off though.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There is nothing built into the BlackBerry for that. You'd have to check with your carrier. It might be available in a 3rd party app but if so I've never heard of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

danielsydney wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, I see the bars but normally in Australia on the screen it will display the location of what tower reception is coming from. 

It has got to come from the telco I think.People can add it and turn on and off though.

Aha! You're talking about 'Cell Info Display' or 'Cell Broadcasting'. As John suggested call your mobile service provider and ask them on how to enable that in BlackBerry.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.