Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Hafsah_x
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: 02

Blackberry Bold 9780 Won't Charge

My blackberry was charging fine a few days ago, when I tried to put it on charge this morning it wouldn't charge and this half power sign was showing in the battery, now I have to hold it in place for it to charge. I don't have warranty for the phone as I bought it of a friend. I really don't know what to do.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 Won't Charge

If you have to hold it in place for it to charge, it would appear that the connection is loose.  With no warranty, the only thing you can do is take it in to a repair shop to have it fixed or stand there holding the cord while the phone charges.  I don't recommend the second option.

You might find it easier and cheaper to just get another phone.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hafsah_x

How much would it cost?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I don't have an exact number because different places charge different amounts but I'll guarantee you could get another second-hand phone for less money.

You could always visit a shop to get a free estimate.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hafsah_x

Thanks a lot for your help!
Please use plain text.