Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone Portugal

Blackberry Bold 9780 always restarts

I bought recently a blackberry bold 9780 mobile phone to replace my old Blackberry Bold 9000.

Meanwhile, I found that the stability of the Blackberry OS 6 is not so good. Sometimes when I pressed the volume button or the lock in button my mobilephone restarts with an hard boot reset.

The version of the Blackberry OS 6 is adapted for my carrier (Vodafone Portugal). The version os 6.0.0.294 (905, 6.5.0.54 Platform).

I installed the following applications: bloomberg mobile, facebook, GMail, Reuters News Pro, Wordlmate.

Could be a software or a hardware problem ? How can I fix it ? The product is new and the blackberry guarantee is covered during a period of 2 years.

Best Regards,

A Blackberry User

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Du

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 always restarts

This is very strange as the operating system you mentioned is the most stable out of the ones available for the 9780. However, I would load OS 6.0.0.359 before I take my phone to the warranty repair.

Download the Operating System from the below link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=25DF35DE87AA441B88F22A6C2A830A17

Make sure you create a backup before you perform the below!

[b]Instructions For Installation:[/b]

1) Install the [b]*.exe[/b] file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to [b]Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader[/b]

3) Delete the file named [b]vendor.xml[/b]

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run [b]loader.exe[/b]

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.

Visit the BlackBerry Matrix website for all your OS updates and BlackBerry applications! http://blackberrymatrix.yolasite.com/

How to update your BlackBerry Operating System Guide = http://bbmatrix.freeforums.org/how-to-upgrade-a-blackberry-operating-system-with-apploader-t29.html
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: t mobile

haiiii 

i have problem about my blackberry 9780..

when i use my blackberry it blank,after that led turn to red and it restart by itself..it happen over and over..

while it charge it doesnt happen...

i hope u give me the best answer..

ten q..

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: t mobile

hello 

i have problem about my blackberry 9780..

when i use my blackberry it blank,after that led turn to red and it restart by itself..it happen over and over..

while it charge it doesnt happen...

i hope u give me the best answer..

ten q..