Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Mononoke
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Bold 9780 disappearing icon problem

Hello,

I hope one of you whizzes :Clover: may be able to help me.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780, i'm using v.6.0.0.294 on o2 in the UK.

Over the past month i have noticed problems. I can't tell you what icons vanished first, but certainly Blackberry App World was one of the first to dissapear, now my phone lock has gone although i can search it and its actually hidden, it won't un-hide...

Blackberry App world doesn't exist at all any longer on my Bold and even when i downloaded it again, it won't appear.

(not sure if there are other icons missing these are the only 2 i've noticed so far)

It says i am running the latest software so i dont quite understand whats going on.

I have rebooted several times, no luck.

I have been on the Blackberry menu and looked for a way to unhide my lock icon and it wont do it.

Any advise appreciated,

Thanks! :Batman:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 disappearing icon problem

Hi Mononoke,

Cause 1

BlackBerry App World was updated to 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65 on a BlackBerry 6 smartphone with older BlackBerry Device Software.

Resolution 1

On BlackBerry 6 OS versions prior to 6.0.0.706 and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.55.

1. Open the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone.
  2. Browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3
  3. After download, please restart your BlackBerry smartphone when prompted.
  4. Verify that BlackBerry App World is located on the home screen.

BlackBerry 6 smartphones with an upgrade path to BlackBerry 6.0.0.706 OS or higher should upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Device software available from the wireless service provider in order to resolved multiple issue with BlackBerry Balance.

On BlackBerry 6 OS versions 6.0.0.706 and higher and the App World Icon is not visible, please download and install the latest version of BlackBerry App World.

For more details check the below KB articles -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mononoke
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 disappearing icon problem

Thank you! I guess the lock vanishing and the app world weren't related as i restored the icons to default and it popped back up again! - App world fix above worked for that - but still haven't worked out if i can upgrade my OS - anyway, i have the lock and app world back - so solved! Thank you! :Angel:

Please use plain text.