Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Visitor
joshdowney
My Device: NA

Blackberry Bold 9780 keeps turning itself off

Hello,

This is my first post on the Blackberry Support Forums and i'm hoping you can help.

My Blackberry Bold 9780 keeps turning itself off, in my pocket or when I put it down on a table. At first I thought it might be a problem with the battery so I bought a new genuine battery for Blackberry and put it in my phone but I was still having the same problem. I decided to send a tweet to @BlackberryHelp on Twitter and they advised me to do a security wipe, which I did, and still my phone kept turning itself off. I sent them another tweet and another message but they haven't replied. I'm getting a little bit, put it this way, frustrated that when i've paid for a premium smartphone at over £400 I'm having problems after owning the phone for just over 6 months. The phone is therefore still under warrenty but I thought I would just put a message on here first before I contact them to see if it is a small fix that I can do myself rather than living without my Blackberry while it's sent off to be fixed. 

I am getting quite fed up now because, I get the Blackberry logo up and I have to wait for the bar to go across (see below image) which takes AGES. I'd hate to rely on the phone in an emergency! After the BBM and e-mail outages not so long ago and now this, i'm SERIOUSLY considering scrapping my Blackberry all together and buying the new iPhone 4S.

Device info

Your carrier: Tesco Mobile UK

Blackberry 9780

Software Version: v6.0.0.294 (Bundle 905, Platform 6.5.0.54)

Apps and free space

File free: 236072028 Bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

Apps installed:

Blackberry App World 3.0.1.29

Blackberry Messenger 6.0.1.32

Blackberry Protect 1.0.10.25

Browser 6.0.0

Copter 1.9

Documents to Go 2.0005.081

eBay 2.0.0.47

Flashlight: Free 2.890

Google Maps 4.5.3

Klondike 1.4.8

Snake- Free 18.0

Soduku 1.0.11

Texas Hold'Em King 2.31

Twitter 2.0.0.16

Vlingo- Virtual Assistant 4.11.4

ZonaSnap- Multipurpose Screen Capture

Rahul_Saigal
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 keeps turning itself off

I have the same phone and same problem im going to buy a new battery that might do the trick hopefully