Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
BeboHeart
My Device: 9790

Blackberry Bold 9790 ( Cannot set up bbm - a temporary bbm server error has occurred)

Hi,

i just bought my new bb bold 9790, it come OS 7.1 Bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 9.16.0.158)

the services is active and working wihout any problem and it's provided by Mobily Saudi Arabia.

as per my topic name i have this problem running bbm 7

i tired to uninstall and install again without any change.

Can anyone help please

thanks

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 ( Cannot set up bbm - a temporary bbm server error has occurred)

Hi BeboHeart

Few Users do have problem with BBM7 at the same stage as you are having. 

If repeated deleting and reinstalling BBM is unable to resolve this issue , then it will be better to Contact your Carrier tech support who might help in resolving this issue.

Or for the time being you can Install BBM6.2 ( I Agree that this version doesn't offer wifi calling ) , If you're willing to do that then On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there. After deleting do a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the battery wait a min. then re-insert it back .

Finally after reboot from your BlackBerry Browser browse to or Click here   http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=bbm6 to download BBM6.2

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
BeboHeart

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 ( Cannot set up bbm - a temporary bbm server error has occurred)

Thanks for answer, i already contacted my carrier and they told me it's phone problem not services problem. and also i tired to uninstall and reinstall hope to fix but no way
Elite II
prince2012

Hi BeboHeart

Believe me its not a problem with your device ,till yesterday many users are having this issue .So you need to call your carrier again to know if they were having any issues with BIS . Also have you tried installing BBM6.2 to see if you get the same error !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
BeboHeart

yes i already run bbm 6 now after i didn't find anyway to use 7
Elite II
prince2012

Hi BeboHeart

So I suggest use BBM6.2 for atleast a few days , untill this issues with BBM resolves ,till yesterday most middle east users were having this issues with BBM .

After a day or two uninstall BBM again in the same manner , then from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/bbm
To download BBM7 and see if error resolves .

Let us know if problem continues .

New Contributor
BeboHeart

thanks for help & let's see what will happen
Elite II
prince2012

You are welcome .. And good luck .