Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

tyrule
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Blackberry Bold 9790 Initialization Failed

Hello everyone, I am a user of a Blackberry Bold 9790 and i have using for over 5months now..and just last month i started recieving an error on the phone which keeps saying initialization failed and this prevents me from making calls and it doesnt even load up my simcard...tried my simcard in other phones and it works perfectly..i have tried a couple of sim card in the  phone and i still get the same error..and even without a simcard in the phone it still displays the error of initialization failed..i have tried many tips as advised onlike like reloading the software version and all but i still get the same error...is there anyone with a useful suggestion on how to fix this error on my device...thanks so much!

Retired
hmthepirate
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 Initialization Failed

Hello tyrule and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9790 smartphone.

If you have already done the software reload as shown in KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows or KB19915 Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer and the issue persists then it would be advised you contact your mobile network carrier to investigate this matter further and transfer this issue to RIM Support to investigate.

Hope this answers your question

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

hanifmalek
My Device: blackberry bold 9790

hello there, im also having the same problem and dont know how to fixed it. :smileysad:

bhishekjain
My Device: 9790

[ Edited ]

Dear Blackberry Management,
Ref : Model No. Blackberry Model 9790
Date of Purchase : 9th December 2012

This is to bring in your notice that your handset model number Bold 9790 have some manufacturing defect. Its been only 11 months me and my younger brother bought the same handset and couple of people around also bought the same handset. Everyone is having the same defect, the handset is getting hanged 2-3 a day, it restart itself 4-5 times a day and thought out the day we need to charge the handset as its battery gets discharge in couple of hours. And from last more then a month we are finding the same problem.
I have shown this problem to your service center couple of times, every time they just reinstall the operating software and give it back to me saying it will work prefect, but still the same problem. After a long argument with your service centre team they informed us we need to drop our handset for 15-20 days and then they will guide us the problem with the estimate to rectify it and if we allow that estimate they will rectify it. But seriously telling, when a whole business is running on the mobile phone how can one expect to drop the phone for 15-20 days and if that is the case your team should provide us with some substitute handset so that our work does not get disturbed.
I cant expect such a behavior from a well known MNC company like BLACKBERRY, if this set is under warranty and your service centre people are unable to rectify it then it’s the COMPANY responsibly to replace the handset with some other handset of the same price range. Why should we as a customer pay for any defect in the warranty period?
I am writing this letter with the opinion that the management will take it seriously and will entertain our request to retain their esteem customer.
You can reach me at [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Looking forward to listen from you at the earliest.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

bhishekjain wrote:

Dear Blackberry Management,
Ref : Model No. Blackberry Model 9790
Date of Purchase : 9th December 2012

This is to bring in your notice that your handset model number Bold 9790 have some manufacturing defect. Its been only 11 months me and my younger brother bought the same handset and couple of people around also bought the same handset. Everyone is having the same defect, the handset is getting hanged 2-3 a day, it restart itself 4-5 times a day and thought out the day we need to charge the handset as its battery gets discharge in couple of hours. And from last more then a month we are finding the same problem.
I have shown this problem to your service center couple of times, every time they just reinstall the operating software and give it back to me saying it will work prefect, but still the same problem. After a long argument with your service centre team they informed us we need to drop our handset for 15-20 days and then they will guide us the problem with the estimate to rectify it and if we allow that estimate they will rectify it. But seriously telling, when a whole business is running on the mobile phone how can one expect to drop the phone for 15-20 days and if that is the case your team should provide us with some substitute handset so that our work does not get disturbed.
I cant expect such a behavior from a well known MNC company like BLACKBERRY, if this set is under warranty and your service centre people are unable to rectify it then it’s the COMPANY responsibly to replace the handset with some other handset of the same price range. Why should we as a customer pay for any defect in the warranty period?
I am writing this letter with the opinion that the management will take it seriously and will entertain our request to retain their esteem customer.
You can reach me at [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

Looking forward to listen from you at the earliest.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Just so that you understand...this site is a user-to-user community of volunteers. It is not a channel for any formal communications with, support from, or escalation to RIM. Hence, it is highly unlikely that you will receive any formal response from RIM to your post (indeed, as you see, your personal information has been redacted, in accordance with the Ts and Cs of this site).

Your escalation path is with your existing channel, escalating through their management chain as they require. They can escalate to RIM if necessary, but end users have no free path by which to violate their contract and seek support direct from RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
daleneuman
My Device: Bold 9790

I too have the same problem. Very annoying. I have read all the "solutions" and something is always not as described. For instance KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader does not support Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1, and  KB11320 How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows which does support Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1 but does not give me a "View other versions in the lower left corner" of the Update dialog box. I have Blackberry Desktop Software 7.1.0.41 and device software 7.1 Bundle 2303. Problem displays as a SIM Card Error, or Initialization Failed. I have also cleaned the SIM Card contacts and applied slight pressure on the SIM Card holder with no effect.

babby126
My Device: 9790 bold

im having same problem so please help me to how can i fix the problem soon as possible 

thank you

heartripple
My Device: z-10 stl100-1

Just try to replace the bettery....... I did every possible solutions like replacing sim card ,cleaning the sim slot, replacing si, card slot,service center approch few times... wasted so much time .....in the end my battery was not giving me proper use of 1 hour after fully charged..... i just replaced the battery .......problem solved instantly .......... never facedthe insert rim card/initialization failed error again ever.........