Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Axis

Blackberry Bold 9790 cannot hear caller's voice

I just bought BB Bold 9790 a few weeks ago. Whenever I receive a call, I cannot hear the caller's voice. I have to switch off my BB and pull out the battery for a while and put it back again. That way, I can hear the  caller's voice but it is only for temporary. After a few days, I cannot hear the caller's voice again. It's very annoying. I use "Medium" profile on my BB, my OS is v.7.0.0.557, platform 9.16.0.67. I really need this community's help. Please help me to solve this annoying problem. Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 cannot hear caller's voice

Hi hartz,

Welcome to the Community,

Whenever you feel or see any unusual in your device always Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot. Not by switching it off as you did, also during a call try to increase the  volume of your device with the help of convenience key ,it will help you to overcome your problem

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Axis

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 cannot hear caller's voice

Hi Prince,

Thanks for the help. Logically, whenever we reboot the device (that is pull out and re-insert the battery) the device will get back to normal but in my case, it only gets back to normal "only for a day or two"  and when somebody calls me, I can't hear their voices again, I have to reboot the phone again. It happens very often and I'm afraid that pulling the battery out while the device is powered on won't do any good. Increasing the volume of the device during a call is useless as I still can't hear the caller's voices. It seems to be the defect of BB Bold 9790 devices. Any more ideas?