Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
capril88
My Device: BlackBerry 9790

Blackberry Bold 9790 cannot hear caller's voice

I have a BB Bold 9790 few months old, Recently When I receive a call, I cannot hear the caller's voice and he can't hear me as well. I have to switch off my BB and pull out the battery for a while and put it back again. That way, I can hear the caller's voice but it is only for temporary. After a few days, Same problem happen. Can anyone please help me?  I really need this community's help. Please help me to solve this Thank you.

Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Bold 9790 cannot hear caller's voice

Hello,
You could try resetting the BlackBerry OS on your device, not really sure if that will help though.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
New Contributor
capril88
My Device: BlackBerry 9790

Thanks mate for your reply, indeed I have done this to the extent of upgrade and down grade the OS from 7.0 to 7.1,

when the phone on OS 7.0 the frequency was like every 3-4 call you need to reset the phone. Not too bad on OS7.1 it can maintain normal for couple of days.  I am not sure if this is software issue or hardware issue. Other function works just great. Appreciate your feedback.

Contributor
HRP92
My Device: Blacberry Bold 9790

I have the same model and had the same issue. My sound would go in a call when on the previous call I had used speaker phone, for a quick fix in the call speaker phone worked for me if avalible to use it, if not the only thing that got my sound back was rebooting tthe phone like you said. Sorry I can't help more, but maybe if you avoid speaker phone as much as possible it'll stop? that's if there is a link between the two for you aswell