Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
brendonsoo
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 Headphone-Jack Problem.

[ Edited ]

I'm certainly not willing to revert back to that older OS release (i.e. back from the officially released 7.1.0.267) and I'm even contemplating upgrading to 7.1.0.340. See: http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-710340-blackberry-bold-9930. This is crazy > still only the left channel on my headset works! Will our future phones be a Blackberry ... I'm afraid :No:

New Contributor
shoreh
My Device: BB9900

I was happy that the **bleep** thing is working until I had to reboot it for another update and again same problem. We need a new OS to solve this.

Developer
ukracer1
My Device: 16GB Playbook, 64GB Playbook, Bold 9000 and 9900 Bold

My Bold 9900 works fine since I manually upgraded to 7.1 Bundle 648 which is 7.1.0.205  I say manually because my carrier Orange UK has not yet released this to the public so I downloaded the .exe and installed it manually.

Bob

https://twitter.com/bb_zealot
New Contributor
brendonsoo

Well I'm now braving the unofficial release of 7.1.0.340 and it still hasn't fixed the "single left channel working only" problem on the headset. This said, the battery life has almost tripled and has lasted almost 3 days since the last charge which is a +ve to some extent. I use the headset predominantly and really need a fix for this ASAP.
New Contributor
merylldave
My Device: Torch 9860

we have the same problem..what happened to your BB Bold 9900 now? please, hope you could help me..thanks :smileysad:

New Contributor
brendonsoo

Frustratingly, I'm just using it with the left channel as I've yet to receive a definitive resolution from BB. This will unfortunately be my last BB.
Contributor
xlynn
My Device: no

search on the latest OS , download  the handful of installation instructions.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸>((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. >((((º>
yakirbitonmusic
My Device: torch 9810

so i backed up my phone, but when i go to my desktop software and choose "device" there is no update section. i use the desktop software for a mac, i downloaded the latest one.

What should i do?

Thanks.
MJJ
Visitor
MJJ
My Device: Bold 9900

Couldn't agree with you more! Been a loyal BB USER FOR 8 years until I purchased the 9900 and a PlayBook back in December. Have had nothing but problems ever since, and hours and hours of wasted time troubleshooting with them.

In regard to the audio problem with the 9900, have received 4 replacement phones from the carrier and was repeatedly told by RIM that it WAS NOT A KNOWN ISSUE, despite what I've been reading on this FORUM. They said info was NOT RELIABLE from this source!

Well today after hours on the phone, they acknowledged that IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE and are working on it. With all the other business problems they're currently confronting, I find that almost laughable, except for the fact that this. "most advanced BB smartphone" cost me $600!!!!

Have experienced more aggravation and wasted time in the last 8 months than I have in the entire 8 years as a loyal customers.Really have my doubts about whether they'll ever get their act together. What are we supposed to do; wait another 6-10 months, throw away a $600 device and shell out another god knows how many hundreds of dollars for an OS 10 Device. I don't think so!!!!!

Very close to cutting my loses and jumping ship shortly.........

New Contributor
bjbg
My Device: Bold 9900

Having experienced the same issues with the left channel-only sound with my Bold 9900, and having tried all the OS and apps uninstalling and re-installing, I discovered my issue was the headset for the 9700's (silver tipped) are NOT compatible with the 9900's, even though they work for ALL other devices, PC's, Laptops, PDAs, MP3 players, and even the ZUNE!! I guess it is BlackBerry's way of selling more headsets?  Built-in obsolescence?? RIM, no wonder you're in trouble......