08-09-2012 07:42 PM
It's very strange as my new Klipsch S4i earphones designed specifically for the iPhone work perfecty with the 9900 and 9930 models (go figure??). The genuine BB headphones that I received with my handset doesn’t in that only the left channel works (STILL!!!).
08-10-2012 01:15 PM
After trying everything i sent it for repair and now is fixed and works with all kind of headphones. The only problem they earase it completley, so you have to have a good backup and re-install some of the programs.
11-11-2012 07:00 PM
I had the same problem with my 6 month old 9900. It developed about 4 weeks ago. I beleive it has something to do with the BBM update. So, I followed your advice and re-installed the OS. It worked! That is until I clicked on App World and it auto updated the BBM and right away my problem came back. So, I can go through the hassle of re-installing the OS but what it means is that I can't download apps or else the problem will just come back. Any suggestions?
11-12-2012 01:43 AM
I have been a Blackberry fan for years but after several models and frankly a phone which is falling behind in the tech race I have decided to change. I now own an Galaxy S3 and it has returned the pleasure of owning a mobile - it works!
11-12-2012 10:58 AM
ATTENTION BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE PROGRAMMERS:
Okay, I've finally found the culprit and a partial solution to this very frustrating problem! I say partial because it means removing BB App World from your device which means that apps can't be downloaded. I needed enterprise software to install my work email account but in order to access it I had to load App World. For all those who think this problem is related to BBM Messenger - wrong. Its App World. So, the fix for me was:
1.open up BB Desktop Software program WITHOUT DEVICE CONNECTED
2. Assuming you have already connected your device once before it should be listed as one of the devices.
3. select it and click on FORGET DEVICE
4. Disconnect it and then reconnect it.
5. the dialogue box will come up that a new device has been detected
6. click on GET STARTED WITH THIS DEVICE
7. I then clicked on add an Enterprise Account and it added my work account just fine. If you don't need to add an Enterprise Account. then just click on the Add Later button. If you do, make sure you have the user account and password info ready
8. The next window allows you to click on various things to sync. I clicked all OFF (no boxes checked)
9. Click FINISH ( this took a very long time for mine - about 20 mintues to complete)
10. NOW, this is the critical part if you want to have stereo music; click on APPLICATIONS and then select App World.
11. in the column entitled ACTION click on the - sign and it will remove App World from the device.
12. NOW you should have stereo but I don't recommend re-installing App World until the incompetent fools at RIM can get this figured out, assuming they can or even care.
This is exactly why RIM is in so much trouble; Inferior devices, obselete software, inferior service and overall bad attitude towards their customers. Shame on everyone who works for RIM. You've made all of us who chose your products over others feel as stupid as you are. I will never buy another RIM product again!
11-23-2012 09:35 AM
01-03-2013 04:43 PM
TTY is for the hearing impaired. This suggestion worked perfectly. On the home screen, go to the SEND key and then hit the MENU key. Select Options and go to TTY mode and turn "off". My headphones work perfectly now.
01-03-2013 08:50 PM