Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Douglark
My Device: Q10

Blackberry Bold 9900 MM6 phone not allowed

I have the above phone which I purchased in good faith online. I think I may have been ripped off because I now get the above message and am unable to use the phone. Anyone have any ideas?
I think I know the answer but am hoping I am wrong!! I am with the three network ( UK) and the phone appears to have been 02 because their logo comes up when phone is booted up. Worked ok for nearly a year then suddenly this.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 MM6 phone not allowed

Hello,

There are several guesses possible. But first...the boot-up splash screen means nothing. When all BBs are manufactured, they are assigned to a specific carrier ("VendorID"), which can never be changed. Some carriers have agreements with BB to include their splash screen for all BBs with that carriers VendorID. But, as long as the device is properly MEP unlocked, then it can be used on any carrier that has a compatible network. But that same original splash screen will forever appear.

Since you say you worked fine with it on 3 for a year, then it must be properly MEP unlocked...and only the factory can re-lock it to O2...so that is not likely the cause of your issue.

Rather, what may have happened is that your SIM may have gone bad...and you may need a replacement from 3.

Or, your BB could have a hardware problem preventing it now from functioning correctly.

Or, whoever you purchased it from (or even further down the chain if there were multiple resells of the device) may have reported it as stolen, and it's now been blocked.

Basically, you need to talk to 3 to find out what is going on. Only they can look "behind the scenes" at their systems to figure out why your BB can no longer properly communicate with their network. If they say all is OK, then you would look at the device itself for problems (OS, software, hardware, etc.).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Douglark
My Device: Q10

Re: Blackberry Bold 9900 MM6 phone not allowed

Thanks for your reply. I'll try that.